New challenge type: Autobiography

I believe we should add a new challenge category to DBD known as Autobiographies, where there will be a set of tasks tailored to each character’s specific abilities and perks. I also think that if a player completes these challenges, that character should earn add-ons or items for future challenges, pieces of a unique skin upon completing enough challenges, and unlock a new perk for that specific character called “Entity’s Favor” (at the end of a match, all blood points earned are increased by 50/75/100%). I feel like implementing these challenges will promote a higher variety in the perks and characters that players see in matches as well as rewarding players for using their favorite characters.


Side note: I also feel like survive X trials/ kill X survivors should not be challenges implemented because it promotes camping/tunneling for killers, and some survivors will spend the whole game hiding instead of helping the team just to complete the challenge. Instead I think the challenge should be earn X blood points as character Y with all their specific perks equipped. That way the killer is instead rewarded for going after multiple people, and survivors are rewarded for being an asset to their team.

Comments

  • I think this would be really fun and I always thought there should be more ways to show your commitment to a killer/survivor. Something like a tracker based around their power usage and once you reach a set number, you get a special weapon; or based around using their perks you get a special body piece. These don't even have to look unique, just different reskins like the bloody or legacy. Even a golden weapon by doing something a lot would be great.