Dear BHVR, Why?

Why have you guys not touched on the issues that actually matter in this game with actual mechanics? Ever since the 6.1.0 update, I've never been more miserable playing this game than I've ever had been.

I've seen it all; Killers camping me, Killers tunneling me out of the game, Killers camping my teammates, Survivors gen rushing, Survivors abusing mechanics to bully, Survivors using Sprint Burst and Lithe to remove chase potential.

It's horrible. It's so much worse than when Dead Hard was the only Exhaustion perk available and Survivors never needed to run generator speed perks, or Killers never needed to camp or tunnel this hard, ever.

But that's not why I'm asking the question in the title.

My question refers to this: Why haven't you fixed this? Why haven't you just made meaningful base game changes that can prevent Survivors and Killers from trying to abuse unfun and unfair systems?

Do you think that Killers are just going to NOT tunnel someone just because they have a 10% haste effect for 10 seconds? Or that Survivors aren't going to run Prove Thyself constantly to make Generators faster when possible?

So why? Why did you make this game sweatier than before? Why aren't you making changes that actually mean something?

Comments

  • I'd personally argue that they did, and pretty effectively at that. The basekit anti-tunnel works wonders for ensuring you have enough time to get to a loop, and I'd sooner face Sprint Burst and Lithe - fair and counterable perks - than the misery of old Dead Hard.

    As for generator speed, I'm kinda unconvinced that Prove Thyself actually is OP? I've been using it myself while levelling survivors, and it's definitely noticeable but nowhere near the kind of immense value you'd get from other sources. I dunno, I feel like it might be kind of a placebo.

    There are certainly problems that still exist, camping being one of the biggest ones, but the changes that have been made recently are meaningful and have helped with some other problems.

  • I think they did a great job. Game is in a good place right now.

  • The answer is simple: They aren’t reworking how hooks work.

    Because if they did, then all this non-sense of getting 10 seconds while a killer just waits it out and also survivors basically throwing themselves because they did 10 seconds is enough to counter would come full stop.

    There is a disconnect between them thinking it’s an actual strategy vs what the reality is which is that it makes the game boring when it basically makes killers look like they have 0 skill. There was no mind-game, there was no “catching” it was all cheesed by merely standing by a hook.

    So until they can actually understand the why/how Camping is a problem with their game. I am not holding my breath they will actually do anything substantial.