Grabs
Why would a grab get canceled into a missed attack?
It happened to me with a survivor vaulting a pallet. I see the grab animation for a moment, I see the 600 points on the top right of my screen but my grab gets canceled and becomes a missed attack.
I feel robbed the rare times it happens.
Comments
A grab turning into an attack means it was not a grab on the server’s end.
Grabs getting cancelled means the disparity between what you're seeing and what the server is seeing is too great.
However, the fact that it changes into a swing after the survivor is already safely on the other side of the pallet/window is complete bogus. It would have been a hit if the game had never tried to grab at all. A missed grab should directly transition to a health state, not the roulette it is now.
Yeah, the problem right now with canceled grabs is that I get locked in grab animation sometimes for too long so the survivor is safe on the other side of a pallet or window. It should automatically be a hit instead of wasting time touching their back and letting them go.