Ping indicators in the lobby need to return

Sry there was someone else posting this, but I couldn't find it anymore.

Usually I don't connect to a far away server, but when I played last night (around 2am central EU) I got into a match and had this new lovely ping indicator during the match screaming at my face that I had over 200ms ping (indicating I landed somewhere in America).

2 people DCed right away and I half heartedly finished the match with 2 people. A match I would usually never have played before the update.

Why? Because I dodge lobbies where I get over 200ms ping without thought and lobbies over 100ms ping if queues are short. Especially when I play survivor, because I really don't like 5km hits through a window. My usual ping is about 40ms.

Please give us the lobby ping back! It saves everyone's nerves.

And I don't care if lobby times are longer because people dodge lobbies at odd hours. But then I have matches where I (or the Survivors) get dedicated for no reason.

And no, DCing is not an option, because I don't wair 5 or more minutes because of something that could have been prevented before.

Comments

  • I absolutely agree with you. I checked the update notes about the new "in match" ping indicator and could not see a word about removing the lobby ping indicator. It would be great to know if this change was intended and if we can expect to get that back (I hope). Today I had two matches in a row with bad ping and only realized at match start :(