DBD Problems and Potential Fixes 7/10 Scourge Hook Spawning AI
This is a series of recommendations to hopefully change the game for the better. I am posting each section separate, but a lot of them are connected and work much better understanding the other changes. Some are more Killer sided, and some are more Survivor sided, but overall I think it levels the playing field in a positive way.
If you want to read the draft I am posting the sections from you can follow this google doc link.
These are different avenues of buffing desired behaviors, and nerfed undesired ones. BP is not enough of an incentive, there must be mechanical rewards and punishments for gameplay acts. I don't quite care for credit, but I wouldn't want someone to steal the ideas and credit themselves. So because of that my name is Mark, and I am currently not a content creator or streamer. I am just someone who enjoys the peaks of the game, and hates the valleys.
With that said, here is part 7.
Scourge Hook Spawning AI
Sometimes you bring Scourge Hook perks, and all of the hooks are on one side of the map, and you are never able to take advantage of your perks, or too easily able to use them with no risk.
Proposed Solution:
Alter the spawn logic to pick 4 rough quadrants of the map to spawn along, with each quadrant of the map having one of the hooks replaced with a Scourge Hook, and no quadrant able to spawn more than 1 (other than Monstrous Shrine Basement Hooks).
Comments
I like the risk reward nature of scourge hooks, and greeding that extra distance to be denied by a bodyblock or sabo is a fair trade. I love greedy plays being punishable, regardless of who is greedy. Being able to self-designate Scourge Hooks is almost all reward no risk. Plus your version could needlessly buff camping killers, as they can just hook in their natural or artificial 3 gen early and never leave the proximity.
That being said I wouldn't mind a perk with a lesser scourge effect that allows 1 hook to be designated by the killer. (Starting with 3, and the first non-scourge hook is converted.)
I'd go for this. Then again, I don't use scourge perks anyways