Which chapter do you really miss playing?
Roots of dread for me.
This chapter was so aesthetically amazing I'm sad it's gone and there doesn't seem to be a chapter as good coming in the near future.
Dredge and Haddie were 2 of the best additions to the game, dredge coming with the best soundtracks the game has ever heard, and although garden of pain is a chore to play on it's easily my favourite map from a looks perspective.
Roots of dread feels like what the devs wanted to do with portrait of a murder, but that chapter didn't get enough love while RoD did (which is ironic for me since I main both characters from portrait of a murder).
Comments
Stranger Things.
It was the chapter the dropped when I started playing the game. Back then killers were still scary (for me anyways) and I was terrified to emerge from The Bush and work on generators. I used to get adrenaline rushes playing this game because I never played anything like it and normally not a horror fan.
I also miss how PC players used to chat before a match starts and Hawkins Laboratory. I hated that map while it was live but realized too late it wasn’t so bad.
Probably Silent Hill and the first RE chapter. As a fan the franchises I was seriously geeking out.
Shattered Bloodline
This was probably peak DbD for me as a lot of things were looking very promising for the game.
And lets not forget the best event in DbD history took place on its mid chapter... The Hallowed Blight
Honestly? Binding of Kin, unironically
The bugs and cavelcade of random bugs were pretty funny to watch (minus the actively game-breaking ones anyway)
I miss the Silent Hill menu screen, and how much everyone struggled to learn Midwich when it came out
Silent Hill or Stranger Things. Not necessarily related to the contents of the chapters but that was when I enjoyed the game the most. Nowadays I'm much more spiteful towards the game.
Cursed Legacy, I never got to experience Spirit's release, joined months later after she got released, but my god Cursed Legacy was the best chapter I ever experienced, the Oni is one of the most fun killers to verse, Yui is a queen and I love her as well, Sanctum of Wrath is awesomely designed map, I can tell the devs put lots of love into it.
Just thinking about the Oni's theme is so nostalgic to me, just freaking bring me back to December 2019. 😢
Probably after binding of kin midchap - RE chapter, RPD didnt exist and there was MMR. Twins were at a playable state and did have to worry about COH. Blight wasnt quite as fixed as he is now but he was still really good if you wanted to put the hours in to learn him well. Wraith rework before its nerf was a thing. Worst things about that time would have to be release HUD and Gideon.