How I almost lost my 700 game streak | Franklins Demise (Counter meta build for high mmr)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q381Td5Opis

They had 4 BNP's, full SWF.

People have told me for a while that they don't believe I have streaked 1000 games with this build, however, I have. I am trying to break that currently.

This build is a very direct counter to the current meta in dead by daylight, I have streaked way too many games with this build, and it completely makes the game unplayable. Below is the playstyle to the best of my ability explained.

Discordance acts as an early game pressure tool, with franklins and jolt it makes a really deadly combo for an early infectious freight. Discordance later in the game acts as an information perk, as shown in the video. Being able to know exactly where survivors will be running and where they are going.

Franklins can be in reality swapped out for anything, but with the current toolbox meta in the highest MMR and people not running a ton of boons, healing has become a medkit problem for most survivors. Running Franklins is a VERY good option on high mobility killers currently if you can play around it. Franklins can be swapped out for almost ANYTHING you want if they don't bring items, agitation for faster hooks and better pressure, knockout to be an #########, devour hope if you want to never get value, things like that.

For this build to work you really must understand how chases work and the concept of hook prioritization and playing around with objectives and zoning. You want to make the survivors play the game how you want to.

Fearmonger is the last thing that ties this entire build together, if you use fearmonger correctly and abuse the blindness effect and if you know where people are on the map you can catch them by surprise. In solo queue, it inadvertently causes a slowdown effect because they MUST get off the gen if they want that info. Making it stronger than any other slowdown in the game in solo queue, especially with everyone running windows of opportunity. This build completely relies on you as a player to end chases quickly, and most of the time ending the game in seconds.

I have been running this build for a while now, and it still counters mostly everything. People don't believe it, however.

Anyway, hope some of you give this build a try. It is an absolute stomp fest.

Any questions in the thread I would love to answer below, please nerf this killer I haven't had fun since 2017

Comments

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345903/how-i-almost-lost-my-700-game-streak-franklins-demise-counter-meta-build-for-high-mmr

    Eh.......Just watching what they were doing. I certainly wouldn't call them a top tier SWF. But that's always an easy cop out to these arguments. At least you're willing to show your work. No matter the side you're trying to defend. That's more then what most will do here. I do find slugging for the 4k cringey as hell though. Especially if you don't know where the other is;

    It was because without the toolboxes, their entire build becomes useless, and the map becomes unplayable. The point of what they are trying to do ruined the game because I had franklins. That is what I was trying to showcase, the game is over as soon as they lose the toolboxes, def not top tier, however its a hard game because of items alone no matter the skill level.


    Edit: The games over because the entirety of the game they were supposed to all split up and do 1 gen

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180084#Comment_3180084

    I mean yea. Frankie's is good, and can give good value. Especially if you can stop a gen rush with it. It's not the most broken thing in game though. As you suggested in another post. Overcharge is better. Call of brine is better. Combined it's a nasty combo.

    You know what is better then stopping something with Frankie's ? Making them waste their time(repairing gens) Then erasing it by simultaneously getting downs for pressure, and regressing gens better then ruin/pop ever could.

    I had a gen last night that I wanted to keep(playing huntress. So I locked down an area) It was 95% or so...It became a dead gen in a hurry. I was able to move about the map more after that. As well as cost them time from the repairing that gen. Gen regression is always going to be the most powerful thing in game. Unless they make crazy changes to how this whole game works.

    Before you mention anything about "using the item as bait, and cob, overcharge doesn't work on SWFs" Gens can equally be used as bait. Especially when COB gives notifications

    Oh I completely agree, franklins being the best in the game is a joke but it is def viable with this build and makes this build even stronger in the current meta, the way you play with Jolt is you sacrifice a slug in the part of the map and you down people over and over with Jolt, Jolt gives so much value on Nurse its quite crazy

  • The issue that I see with you calling for nerfs is that you’re essentially like Usain Bolt with the Nurse. You being able to figuratively run so fast doesn't mean the metaphorical high school athlete should start their race with a handicap.

    For balance they would have to take a look at your performance overall versus other survivors of your skill level. Unless you're willing to sit in queues that stretch for hours I highly doubt that would be possible to measure.

    Balancing for the top is not a good idea in anything where your revenue comes from participants as opposed to spectators. I'd rather see buffs to survivors and more anti-camping tools than any nerfs to any Killers.

    I definitely why you'd be bored though. Realistically, outside of the comp scene, I don't see the possibility of you getting any challenging games with Nurse.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    The issue that I see with you calling for nerfs is that you’re essentially like Usain Bolt with the Nurse. You being able to figuratively run so fast doesn't mean the metaphorical high school athlete should start their race with a handicap.

    For balance they would have to take a look at your performance overall versus other survivors of your skill level. Unless you're willing to sit in queues that stretch for hours I highly doubt that would be possible to measure.

    Balancing for the top is not a good idea in anything where your revenue comes from participants as opposed to spectators. I'd rather see buffs to survivors and more anti-camping tools than any nerfs to any Killers.

    I definitely why you'd be bored though. Realistically, outside of the comp scene, I don't see the possibility of you getting any challenging games with Nurse.

    I would rather sit in queues for hours, the MMR actually hasn't been bad recently. Constantly getting like 6k, 3k hour survivor teams usually later at night however the games usually go the same.

    Maybe one day I will try comp if anyone wanted me, I used to play against deathwish all the time and do very well when MMR was like 10 min queues for 10k hour survivors LMAOOO

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180119#Comment_3180119

    Yea it's good. Discordance is very good with the current survivor meta as well

    I did some statistical analysis 💀 and figured out in my games 2.3 survivors are running provethyself and that's why I factored discordance into my build

  • Yeah, this build isn’t that far off from a build I like that counters the most popular perks

    • Discordance (counters Prove Thyself)
    • Fearmonger (counters Exhaustion perks)
    • Hex Third Seal (counters Windows of Opportunity which is the most used survivor perk right now, as well as all other aura perks)
    • A fourth slot that’s flexible. A lot of times I simply put in Hex Undying simply to help Third Seal last longer. 🙂 But Jolt or Franklins or lots of other things work here. (E.g. Adrenaline is also really popular, so Terminus is an interesting choice to counter that)


    Personally I don’t play Nurse (I have staring at the ground all the time) but with her Windows of Opportunity is already useless so I would sub out Third Seal for one of the others that I’d consider for the fourth slot, or just a generic perk maybe. But for sure Discordance and Fearmonger are good fits.

  • @dugman said:

    Yeah, this build isn’t that far off from a build I like that counters the most popular perks

    • Discordance (counters Prove Thyself)
    • Fearmonger (counters Exhaustion perks)
    • Hex Third Seal (counters Windows of Opportunity which is the most used survivor perk right now, as well as all other aura perks)
    • A fourth slot that’s flexible. A lot of times I simply put in Hex Undying simply to help Third Seal last longer. 🙂 But Jolt or Franklins or lots of other things work here. (E.g. Adrenaline is also really popular, so Terminus is an interesting choice to counter that)

    Personally I don’t play Nurse (I have staring at the ground all the time) but with her Windows of Opportunity is already useless so I would sub out Third Seal for one of the others that I’d consider for the fourth slot, or just a generic perk maybe. But for sure Discordance and Fearmonger are good fits.

    Fearmonger actually plays a way more important part in this build then you think, its legit a very very interesting perk.

    The reason I use it is because exhaustion perks are cool and all, but its actually for the blindness. It forces them off of the gen to find where the early people are being hooked, along with knowing where I am. This makes me be able to catch them off guard and factor in a slowness that they wouldn't think about, which is them just being off the gen for 5 seconds. The amount of Jolt procs I get that actually regress way longer than they should is because they get off the gen.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180135#Comment_3180135

    Mine is probably the same or more. So discordance is good value.

    Either way. I favor slowdowns because I find locking down a part of the map to be boring. I'd rather chase and chase some more. I don't necessarily try to play optimally. I still have a 97 % kill rate since the killer buffs

    Nurse and blight specifically. I run discordance, DMS, PR, deadlock. I find it a very fair build. Especially since the DMS nerf. But I need to get my downs to get value. It still has counter. Other then dead lock.

    The lesser mobility killers like trickster, slinger, clown, etc etc. I've been using STBFL (not trickster), eruption, overcharge, call of brine. I'll keep an eye on the gens I want to keep, and stick around the area a little heavier if they're 80 % +. But once it's dead. I'll move around the map a little more heavily again.

    I won't necessarily keep a 3 gen or anything with that build. But thats because I just don't care. I'd rather throw games then win via 3gen and not just chase in games and camp an area moat of the game

    My builds are just focused on pure absolute pressure and chaos, jolt is just to give info and a nice bonus overtime. I would run plaything in my 4th slot if I had it to really make this build the most miserable thing on the planet

  • @BradQuackson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180142#Comment_3180142

    Fearmonger actually plays a way more important part in this build then you think, its legit a very very interesting perk.

    The reason I use it is because exhaustion perks are cool and all, but its actually for the blindness. It forces them off of the gen to find where the early people are being hooked, along with knowing where I am. This makes me be able to catch them off guard and factor in a slowness that they wouldn't think about, which is them just being off the gen for 5 seconds. The amount of Jolt procs I get that actually regress way longer than they should is because they get off the gen.

    You don’t have to tell me about Blindness, I just got finished saying that I run Third Seal AND Fearmonger! 🙂

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180152#Comment_3180152

    You don’t have to tell me about Blindness, I just got finished saying that I run Third Seal AND Fearmonger! 🙂

    Oh my apologies, thought you were refering to fearmonger ONLY for the exhaustion perks, have you tried plaything instead of third seal? think you would get a ton more value

  • @BradQuackson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180171#Comment_3180171

    Oh my apologies, thought you were refering to fearmonger ONLY for the exhaustion perks, have you tried plaything instead of third seal? think you would get a ton more value

    I use all sorts of things, but Third Seal is simply the best Blindness perk hands down and the most direct counter to Windows. I actually have very good results in general with it. 🙂

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180184#Comment_3180184

    I use all sorts of things, but Third Seal is simply the best Blindness perk hands down and the most direct counter to Windows. I actually have very good results in general with it. 🙂

    Fair enough, gotta give it a try sometime!

  • Go for it! Also new upside from Project W, lots of people trying out Wiretap and it shuts that down too. 😉

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180207#Comment_3180207

    Go for it! Also new upside from Project W, lots of people trying out Wiretap and it shuts that down too. 😉

    Wait it shuts down wiretap? Thats actually good info LMAOOO

  • @BradQuackson said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q381Td5Opis

    They had 4 BNP's, full SWF.

    People have told me for a while that they don't believe I have streaked 1000 games with this build, however, I have. I am trying to break that currently.

    This build is a very direct counter to the current meta in dead by daylight, I have streaked way too many games with this build, and it completely makes the game unplayable. Below is the playstyle to the best of my ability explained.

    Discordance acts as an early game pressure tool, with franklins and jolt it makes a really deadly combo for an early infectious freight. Discordance later in the game acts as an information perk, as shown in the video. Being able to know exactly where survivors will be running and where they are going.

    Franklins can be in reality swapped out for anything, but with the current toolbox meta in the highest MMR and people not running a ton of boons, healing has become a medkit problem for most survivors. Running Franklins is a VERY good option on high mobility killers currently if you can play around it. Franklins can be swapped out for almost ANYTHING you want if they don't bring items, agitation for faster hooks and better pressure, knockout to be an #########, devour hope if you want to never get value, things like that.

    For this build to work you really must understand how chases work and the concept of hook prioritization and playing around with objectives and zoning. You want to make the survivors play the game how you want to.

    Fearmonger is the last thing that ties this entire build together, if you use fearmonger correctly and abuse the blindness effect and if you know where people are on the map you can catch them by surprise. In solo queue, it inadvertently causes a slowdown effect because they MUST get off the gen if they want that info. Making it stronger than any other slowdown in the game in solo queue, especially with everyone running windows of opportunity. This build completely relies on you as a player to end chases quickly, and most of the time ending the game in seconds.

    I have been running this build for a while now, and it still counters mostly everything. People don't believe it, however.

    Anyway, hope some of you give this build a try. It is an absolute stomp fest.

    Any questions in the thread I would love to answer below, please nerf this killer I haven't had fun since 2017

    How many times are you going to push this mediocre build onto the forums with gameplay against robots

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345903/how-i-almost-lost-my-700-game-streak-franklins-demise-counter-meta-build-for-high-mmr

    How many times are you going to push this mediocre build onto the forums with gameplay against robots

    Sorry bro, its max MMR. Don't know what else to tell you, might need to start streaming these games.

  • @BradQuackson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180868#Comment_3180868

    Sorry bro, its max MMR. Don't know what else to tell you, might need to start streaming these games.

    Max MMR you clearly don't know how the mmr system works it's soft capped at 1600 meaning a good portion of the player base is "max mmr". It's basically a rng lotto game unless you're at the bottom % of players.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180870#Comment_3180870

    Max MMR you clearly don't know how the mmr system works it's soft capped at 1600 meaning a good portion of the player base is "max mmr". It's basically a rng lotto game unless you're at the bottom % of players.

    As someone who is max MMR that is not true as it constantly fluctuates, I did not have one game past 4 PM today that didn't have 2-6k hour survivors as a team. You should learn how it works! They can change it at will

  • @BradQuackson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180871#Comment_3180871

    As someone who is max MMR that is not true as it constantly fluctuates, I did not have one game past 4 PM today that didn't have 2-6k hour survivors as a team. You should learn how it works! They can change it at will

    Least delusional "high mmr" player going against people who have no concept of good pathing against nurse.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3180873#Comment_3180873

    Least delusional "high mmr" player going against people who have no concept of good pathing against nurse.

    Hey that's not very nice #########, and they actually do have good pathing, when I get the third down at shack if you look at the aftergame they had lithe and thought they proc'ed the exhaustion before vaulting! It was almost a great juke!