The old animations have their charm, and I do think the slightly hunched idle and walk animations on the old system were more natural for a situation where you're being hunted by a murderer, as opposed to the proper posture power pose, but after they fixed up the new injured animation it looks a lot better than the old one in terms of gliding - Pyramid Head gets flak for moving way faster than his run animation, the old survivor one was just as bad with its limpiness. Short quick pained steps matches up better than slow limpy.
I like the new ones, mostly. There's a couple charming goofy aspects of the old ones that I do miss a little, but the new ones look much better overall.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Personally I like both but old animations made 360’s feel better
The old animations have their charm, and I do think the slightly hunched idle and walk animations on the old system were more natural for a situation where you're being hunted by a murderer, as opposed to the proper posture power pose, but after they fixed up the new injured animation it looks a lot better than the old one in terms of gliding - Pyramid Head gets flak for moving way faster than his run animation, the old survivor one was just as bad with its limpiness. Short quick pained steps matches up better than slow limpy.
I miss spinning on the ground when I was downed.
I like the new ones, mostly. There's a couple charming goofy aspects of the old ones that I do miss a little, but the new ones look much better overall.
Survivors look scared and like they wanted to hide, now they don't. It's uncanny.
After playing with the updated animations for so long now, i cannot return to the old one because it overall looks too janky and outdated
Also Ash with the old standing still animation never looked right to me.