Is it possible to remove 60 fps cap? And is it legal?
Title
Title
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Alright, thanks, I've read that some people got VAC banned (I think it was VAC) by removing the cap
I've had my FPS uncapped since 2017, I have not been banned and I have made tutorials on how to do it. It's perfectly fine.
December 2018 bro, how the hell did you find this
the dudes only two posts, I wonder if they're still alive...literal necroposting
oh! LMAO I don't even know how I found this post, my bad
No
VAC bans are only for Valve games. If you get ban in DBD it shows as a game ban.
The Devs limited FPS to 120 due to issues going above it. They would of limit it to 60 if they wanted. As long as EAC doesn't ban you the Devs won't. You are in the same boat by changing perk icons.
You can increase your FPS by looking up guides on the Steam forum. This is only useful if your monitor supports higher FPS. If you have a normal 60 FPS monitor, you're not gaining anything uncapping it.
Damn nercos ๐