Reconnect system
There should be a feature that allows players to reconnect to games, especially considering how the disconnect penalty stacks. Using myself as an example, I have pretty good internet but depending on the weather I may have connection drops of around 5-10 seconds. This translates to either a small lag spike or disconnecting from the host, and every time it happens I cross my fingers that it's a lag spike so I don't have to see that mounting ban timer when I get kicked back to lobby. This is all the more frustrating since it only happens about 1 in 20 games for me, but because of how the disconnect penalty system works that ban timer will just keep going up unless I step away from the game for like a week. Granted I know this problem likely won't be so prominent for most players, but I've also seen a fair amount of people dc in similar ways (and I'm thinking about the people who dc at "non-ragequitter" times such as during the first generator or standing at the end gate waiting to see if they need to save their teammate). I also understand that there'd be potential for abuse if such a reconnect system made players invulnerable while they're dc'd or anything like that, but I can't see any negative in making players who dc simply stand still (but remove their collision in case they're blocking a spot) until either the game is over, a certain amount of time has passed or they reconnect. It absolutely kills me to sit through a 30 minute game caused by an afk killer and teammates who don't want to to gens without the threat of a killer, only to disconnect as I'm opening the gate and then get banned for however long.
Comments
Matches go by too quickly for this to be useful.
True, as long as the body stays around for a little or the killer can even hook it. but games are short so i dont know how useful it would be, but it would be nice