Awakened Awareness' duration is still being extended two seconds by Lethal Pursuer

Recently Awakened Awareness was tweaked so that it only shows auras while carrying someone. Unless I'm misremembering part of the intention of the change was so the aura didn't last two more seconds combined with Lethal Pursuer. However Lethal Pursuer is still allowing the AA aura to last for two seconds after you finish carrying a survivor.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Please tell me they didn't just set it's duration to 0 (and lethal is making it 2 seconds) instead of just removing it

    Because if that's what happened that is just hilarious

  • Shhhh this is not a bug

  • This is called perk compatibility and isn't a bug whatsoever.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    This is called perk compatibility and isn't a bug whatsoever.

    well they nerfed in the first place because "certain killers" cough could use it with lethal, so why does it work with lethal if that was there whole problem

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177842#Comment_3177842

    well they nerfed in the first place because "certain killers" cough could use it with lethal, so why does it work with lethal if that was there whole problem

    Because it used to have a baseline duration after carrying a survivor that, added with lethal, shown survivors for a period of time long enough to be able to catch them - I think it was like 4 seconds or the like, I'll admit the numbers elude me - but now only Lethal's effect of 2 seconds work, and 2 seconds is way less problematic.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177853#Comment_3177853

    Because it used to have a baseline duration after carrying a survivor that, added with lethal, shown survivors for a period of time long enough to be able to catch them - I think it was like 4 seconds or the like, I'll admit the numbers elude me - but now only Lethal's effect of 2 seconds work, and 2 seconds is way less problematic.

    Lethal works with effects that have any timed duration. If there's no timed duration, lethal doesn't work with that effect.

    Lethal doesn't work with Myers mirrors but does work with other aura reading addons: if it says Myers will see auras 2 more seconds, then lethal prolongs those 2 seconds. If there's no time, there's no lethal value because there's nothing to prolong. Same with Hangman's Trick, for example. No time duration, no prolonging by Lethal.

    That's why they removed time from Awareness completely (to remove value, not to decrese it), and that's why lethal value with Awareness is totaly bug.

    It's not about whether 2 seconds are more problematic than 4 or not, it's about this synergy isn't intended.

  • @hastarkis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177860#Comment_3177860

    Lethal works with effects that have any timed duration. If there's no timed duration, lethal doesn't work with that effect.

    Lethal doesn't work with Myers mirrors but does work with other aura reading addons: if it says Myers will see auras 2 more seconds, then lethal prolongs those 2 seconds. If there's no time, there's no lethal value because there's nothing to prolong. Same with Hangman's Trick, for example. No time duration, no prolonging by Lethal.

    That's why they removed time from Awareness completely (to remove value, not to decrese it), and that's why lethal value with Awareness is totaly bug.

    It's not about whether 2 seconds are more problematic than 4 or not, it's about this synergy isn't intended.

    Quote from the wiki:

    "You have been designed to track down and eliminate targets.

    • At the start of the Trial, the Auras
    •  of all Survivors
    •  are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
    • Extends the duration of a Survivor's Aura being revealed to you by +2 seconds.

    Lethal Pursuer benefits from its own effect."

    Where does it says it only works with time duration?

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177983#Comment_3177983

    Quote from the wiki:

    "You have been designed to track down and eliminate targets.

    • At the start of the Trial, the Auras
    •  of all Survivors
    •  are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
    • Extends the duration of a Survivor's Aura being revealed to you by +2 seconds.

    Lethal Pursuer benefits from its own effect."

    Where does it says it only works with time duration?

    The word "duration" is literally there. BBQ has duration. Aura reading hook (don't remember its name) has duration. Lethal itself has duration. Ther's no duration in Awareness now. Auras are reveald only while you are carrying the survivour.

    And yeah, you can say smth like "you juggle the words here", but no. I am not, that's just how lethal works with ALL other perks and effects: there's Wraith wallhack addon, there's Myers's wallhack addons (Mirrors), there's Hangman's Trick and all those effects work only while you have special conditions: being cloacked, pressing M2, carrying survivour. Lethal has no value for those situations.

    And only Awareness somehow has it now even though developers particularly stated it mustn't.

    image.png


  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177983#Comment_3177983

    Quote from the wiki:

    "You have been designed to track down and eliminate targets.

    • At the start of the Trial, the Auras
    •  of all Survivors
    •  are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
    • Extends the duration of a Survivor's Aura being revealed to you by +2 seconds.

    Lethal Pursuer benefits from its own effect."

    Where does it says it only works with time duration?

    In addition to the above reply, note that you can also tell Lethal doesn’t work on auras that don’t have a set duration because, for instance, it doesn’t make you see Nurse’s Calling auras for two more seconds either.

  • @hastarkis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178004#Comment_3178004

    The word "duration" is literally there. BBQ has duration. Aura reading hook (don't remember its name) has duration. Lethal itself has duration. Ther's no duration in Awareness now. Auras are reveald only while you are carrying the survivour.

    And yeah, you can say smth like "you juggle the words here", but no. I am not, that's just how lethal works with ALL other perks and effects: there's Wraith wallhack addon, there's Myers's wallhack addons (Mirrors), there's Hangman's Trick and all those effects work only while you have special conditions: being cloacked, pressing M2, carrying survivour. Lethal has no value for those situations.

    And only Awareness somehow has it now even though developers particularly stated it mustn't.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7GQ85DC1EM0J/image.png

    Ah, so it was stated. Then yes, it is indeed a bug. Thanks for the screenshot + explanation. I was just basing myself on what I saw in game.

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178004#Comment_3178004

    In addition to the above reply, note that you can also tell Lethal doesn’t work on auras that don’t have a set duration because, for instance, it doesn’t make you see Nurse’s Calling auras for two more seconds either.

    It doesn't? Funny, I thought for sure it did. Or maybe I'm mistaking it with Legion's Aura reading of people mending.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178059#Comment_3178059

    Ah, so it was stated. Then yes, it is indeed a bug. Thanks for the screenshot + explanation. I was just basing myself on what I saw in game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178066#Comment_3178066

    It doesn't? Funny, I thought for sure it did. Or maybe I'm mistaking it with Legion's Aura reading of people mending.

    I don’t think those Legion mend auras are extended either are they?

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178079#Comment_3178079

    I don’t think those Legion mend auras are extended either are they?

    I meant the add-on, Stab Wound Studies, that reveal the aura of survivors who mended for 4 seconds afterward. Paired with the stylish sunglasses, you can see the aura of them mending AND a few seconds after. And I may have thought it was from Lethal.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178059#Comment_3178059

    Ah, so it was stated. Then yes, it is indeed a bug. Thanks for the screenshot + explanation. I was just basing myself on what I saw in game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178066#Comment_3178066

    It doesn't? Funny, I thought for sure it did. Or maybe I'm mistaking it with Legion's Aura reading of people mending.

    Yes, it was stated, and that's enought to say it is bug. I just wanted to show that they didn't just switch off Lethal for Awareness only (to make it somewhat exception). They removed after-hooking-aura-reading duration (time based) to make Lethal not working.

    So it seems that Lethal's duration is for time durations only. Even though it's not really clear out of perk's description.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3178088#Comment_3178088

    I meant the add-on, Stab Wound Studies, that reveal the aura of survivors who mended for 4 seconds afterward. Paired with the stylish sunglasses, you can see the aura of them mending AND a few seconds after. And I may have thought it was from Lethal.

    Ah got it. 👍

  • Still not fixed btw PepeLaugh