Thoughts & Opinions on Project W

This is a long one, but I wanted to write down my current opinions on the chapter as well some suggestions.

Starting with Wesker:

  1. Wesker's infection should disappear completely after you get hooked imo.
  2. Fix his collision when slamming survivors against things. So many times I've gotten slammed into thin air and put on his back when I wasn't at full infection and sometimes not infected at all. I doubt this will ever get fixed. Looking at Blight's collision.
  3. Give survivors a stronger speed boost after getting slammed into surfaces and being injured. i have a clip but idk how to post on the forums so i'll just explain. i was on autohaven and full health, wesker slammed me into a wall. i got the minor speed boost off of the hit, but couldn't make it anywhere to do anything because he was right on me. i just think the speed boost should either last a bit longer or make you a bit faster. I've had to start running Overcome just for this reason.
  4. Make his power hitboxes a bit bigger. Not big enough so that you can't dodge them, that's probably one of the most fun things about going against the killer. (Besides forcing them to vault windows or spraying Meg mains with the deodorant.) But big enough so that you don't have to be insanely precise with the power. and like I mentioned work on his overall collision

I don't have a lot to say about Wesker's perks because I've yet to actually use them. But I don't have any complaints about going against them. I don't really notice if they use Superior Anatomy and Distortion is a main stay in all of my builds so Awakened Awareness isn't an issue. Terminus however seems really good in endgame builds. It's messed me up a few times. But I don't think it needs nerfed in any way.

Ada Wong's Perks:

  1. Make Wiretap work with Open-Handed. I just don't see why it DOESN'T. Make it to where the gen behaves like a survivor on hook with Kindred or something like that. It would be one of the best solo queue perks in the game with this. (I've been running it with Kindred.) Wiretap doesn't really compare with Kindred of course, but I think both are so good.
  2. Low Profile is...well, it's low profile. I ran it for a few games, but idk if I wasn't running a good build around it or what, but it seems way too niche to run in a regular build.
  3. I tried Reactive Healing once and got no value. idk. it's there. It seems like Low Profile in the sense that it's incredibly niche and not very helpful + you gotta dedicate your build to it. I thought it was gonna be like "if you're injured and someone gets hit within 32 meters automatically have 50% of your healing done for you." but I think you have to actively be healing in order to get the benefits...which is weird because who's healing that close to the killer while they're about to down someone. Unless you're on an indoor map I don't see you getting much value.

Rebecca Chamber's Perks:

  1. I think Better Than New has potential. But I think 16% isn't enough. Especially since they just lose it once they're hit again. Maybe 20%
  2. Reassurance is the best perk in the update imo. Love it. The only thing I'd change is maybe increase the distance you can trigger it by a bit.
  3. Make Hyperfocus not work with toolboxes and instead make it work with Autodidact!!! It's insane how Autodidact users have been begging for an increased chance of skillchecks and when BHVR adds a perk that increases chance of skillchecks...it doesn't work with Auto. Be srs BHVR.

Overall I actually really enjoy the chapter. I think this chapter is gonna be remembered as one where DBD started to turn things around a bit. Playing as survivor feels nice again. Although idk if that's because queue times are instant or the constant 100% survivor bloodpoints incentives distracting me from the real issues. But the game is in an okay place now. Nowhere near perfect. But it doesn't feel as hopeless as it did a month ago. Crossing my fingers and hoping future updates keep up this pace.

ALSO Dear BHVR: Revert the Blast Mine nerf or lower the gen progress requirement I am begging you.

Comments