My ping is consistently higher than normal
So I average around 50-60 pre-patch to now 100-150 every single match. Is this an issue for a lot of people? I checked my hardware and nothing has changed on my end as far as I can tell
So I average around 50-60 pre-patch to now 100-150 every single match. Is this an issue for a lot of people? I checked my hardware and nothing has changed on my end as far as I can tell
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've had the same issue, I assume it's because I'm queueing into different regions, perhaps BHVR decided to make MMR trump ping, which would be a horrible idea if they did so.
If you're on Windows, check Resource Monitor, Network tab, Network Activity section. For some reason the AWS servers DBD uses randomly route me through a Western European server and push my ping through the roof.
The second listing in the screenshot is a normal connection in North America. The first listing is #########.
If when you check it just gives a numeric IP address for DBD, give it ~1min (typically less) to translate it like the above.
Usually, restarting the game resolves the issue. If not, you'll need to reach out to support about it.