Deathslinger is lowkey INSANE

Picked up deathslinger with iridescent shards the other week. Been playing him a bit alongside my beloved Demo. And damn, I've seen a few people say deathslinger is sub par and even one of the worst killers in the game.

I couldn't disagree more, granted he is pretty map dependant, he sucks at meat plant, rpd etc. And his add ons are mediocrw at best. But he can end chases so quickly, I've been up against some pretty high level players recently and proficient loopers. You can end chases so quickly, ppl will zigzag if they hear the prompt that he is aiming which helps to dodge the shot but they lose distance.

So if you tap the aim button then immediately move forward you'll gain distance easy, and if they go for distance then you get an easy hit. Used to play a lot of FPS games so just nailing a single body shot is often childs play. He forces people to pre drop pallets or risk getting reeled in. The mind games really mess with people. And it makes it very hard to loop him effectively.

And he is mad good at map control, it's very easy to herd the survivors away from one side of the map so setting up for a 3 gen is very easy. I've never had less than a 2k with him yet. And that was back when i was getting used to him.

Sidenote: his mori is one of the best IMO.

Comments

  • Yeah, I think Deathslinger is probably a 3.5 out of 5 star killer? He's pretty solid in a chase if you are a really good shot (which I'm not) but he is held back a bit because that's the only thing he has. His 110% movement rate hurts his map mobility and, unlike Huntress, he doesn't necessarily score a down if he shoots an injured survivor from across a pallet. Extremely good Deathslingers can get pretty crazy shots through holes in walls, which is neat, but I don't think that necessarily amps him up a rating bracket. So I think I put him at 3.5 stars and Huntress at 4, she seems just slightly better than him. (I'm a terrible shot though so I don't have a great record with either. 🤷‍♂️)

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    Picked up deathslinger with iridescent shards the other week. Been playing him a bit alongside my beloved Demo. And damn, I've seen a few people say deathslinger is sub par and even one of the worst killers in the game.

    I couldn't disagree more, granted he is pretty map dependant, he sucks at meat plant, rpd etc. And his add ons are mediocrw at best. But he can end chases so quickly, I've been up against some pretty high level players recently and proficient loopers. You can end chases so quickly, ppl will zigzag if they hear the prompt that he is aiming which helps to dodge the shot but they lose distance.

    So if you tap the aim button then immediately move forward you'll gain distance easy, and if they go for distance then you get an easy hit. Used to play a lot of FPS games so just nailing a single body shot is often childs play. He forces people to pre drop pallets or risk getting reeled in. The mind games really mess with people. And it makes it very hard to loop him effectively.

    And he is mad good at map control, it's very easy to herd the survivors away from one side of the map so setting up for a 3 gen is very easy. I've never had less than a 2k with him yet. And that was back when i was getting used to him.

    Sidenote: his mori is one of the best IMO.

    He's...interesting.

    If you can land your shots reliably and get a decent map (not too big), he's fun.

    Larger maps, especially with a lot of high/safe structures (Yamaoka...oh man) can be hell for him.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/344958/deathslinger-is-lowkey-insane

    He doesn't have "good map control" He has literally the opposite. No movement ability. 4.4 MS. Slinger is pretty bad BECAUSE of that fact.

    He has strong chase though. Which is fun

    By map control i mean he's good at covering a large area. Mainly on an open map, people are very twitchy about moving on gens that you are guarding as him