Will Dredge get a post release tune-up like Trickster and Nemesis did?

Big Dredge fan here. I'm really worried with how much attention Wesker is getting with his bugs and recommended tweaks (which is deserved, he is pretty rough right now) that people will forget about Dredge.

The changes they need is pretty minor, my biggest complaint is that you can cancel the Gloaming (teleport charge up) by pressing the same button that activates the teleport. This makes you cancel your power AND puts it on cooldown. I've lost a lot of chases and sometimes games trying to teleport ahead of survivors or mindgame loops, and then end up slowing myself down and lose power because I pressed the teleport button too early. I think the easiest fix for this is to make the teleport button simply not cancel the Gloaming. The most intuitive way to cancel the power is to let go over the button that charges the power, and probably wouldn't create and accessability problems.

I also think one of Dredge's brown add-ons could be made into his kit. Specifically the Caffeine Pills (Charging the Gloaming reveals locked lockers), since I feel like the killer should be able to see if a survivor has interacted with their power (Nemesis/Wesker killer instinct with vaccines, Plague can see auras of corrupted fountains, Trapper with traps, Sadako can see survivors holding VHS tapes, Cenobite can see the box holder, etc.) This might be strong early game if survivors lock lockers on their spawn, but it doesn't seem that strong after that point in the game.

Mortar and Pestle (returning to remnant faces you in the direction you placed it in) could be basekit too, but I personally don't mind it as much because I see remnant control as just part of the learning curve. It also might make Dredge more boring if the power was too good on loops, and survivors would just hold W as the counterplay.

I'd love to hear feedback or suggestions from other people who are playing Dredge. I see a lot of people play Dredge in soloq who seem like they really want to play them but can't get a grip on the power yet, hopefully these changes make it a bit smoother to play.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’m still mad they completely skipped over changing Sadako in the midchapter.

    I'm thinking/hoping that they will probably do a full power rework eventually, since I can't really think of a minor change that would make her any better. Especially since the condemn build being the only thing that seems to work on her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’m still mad they completely skipped over changing Sadako in the midchapter.

    Pretty sure the devs said Sadako is getting looked at this midchapter. They had to skip her last midchapter, because the perk changes took their development time from being able to focus on her.

  • I don't think so... They'll concentrate on Wesker cause he's a Licensed Killer (with 2 Survivors and a Map)

    Even though the Dredge also came out with a Survivor and a Map

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I don't think so... They'll concentrate on Wesker cause he's a Licensed Killer (with 2 Survivors and a Map)

    Even though the Dredge also came out with a Survivor and a Map

    That's what I'm worried about :(

    I think they're mostly fine, and it's just a few small things. The teleport cancel I was talking about feels like old Plague puke stutter. I could go without the Caffeine Pills if they just changed that, but if Wesker gets all the attention it'll be a year before anything gets looked at.

  • Yea... But that's the cost of running the game the way they do