Reassurance is a killer perk
It was said that Reassurance would destroy the killer, not join them!
Instead of gutting Reassurance, what should have been done was let hooked survivors hold Sprint while hooked to stop their timer from pausing, so that they can still die on the hook after 2 minutes max, regardless of survivors trolling with Reassurance or without.
Instead, it can only be used once perk hook (not even once per hook stage, if the survivor was never unhooked between stages)
Why was the range not increased? The time?
Why can the killer see the hooked survivor's body glow white? See their struggle meter pause?
Comments
I've had people loop around the Hook and activate Reassurance through floors. The Perk is fine
Double the range, hide the white aura and sacrifice meter from the killer, and boost gen repair speed while the perk is active.
Sure, and NOED insta-kills all Survivors if 5 Totems aren't cleansed
so how would it be fair then
Then why have I only seen THREE people use this perk since the update came out?
Why have I gotten very little value out of it for the 40+ matches I played?
The killer shouldn't be camping when there are gens still left to defend.
If the killer camps at endgame, there are no gens to boost. Balanced.
so not balanced got it, yea ill be honest I don't think survivors need a free win perk if the killer is "camping" since it does indeed affect outside of that on top of require nothing but 1 survivor to use it out of their teams 16 perks
So because a perk is no longer abuseable, it's a killer perk. Lol.
I guess this means every survivor perk is a killer perk now.
Why can the killer see the hooked survivor's body glow white? See their struggle meter pause?I asked this, actually.
The logic is this. What would you like to encourage? Give a reason for the killer to leave the hook, or potentially trick them into wasting time camping (unless they're smart and look at the timer)?
Ultimately, they went with the former option. It warns the killer, telling them to go somewhere else to encourage more interactive gameplay, which is much healthier, I feel.
Yes, I'm sure you would love for things to stay the way they are so that killers like you can keep getting free wins by camping against solo q
Meanwhile, it costs zero perk slots for the killer to camp.
Survivors would need to waste at least two slots. 1 person having it is not enough if they're the one on the hook.
Doing gens doesn’t require perks and is the built-in counter.
Gens were slowed to 90s each. Camping was left untouched.
basekit camping was left untouched, perkwise reassurance is pretty good
killers can do 5 things, tunnel, slug, camp, hook, and chase to create pressure, trading perk slots to completely the ways killers create pressure is the entire point of survivor builds but being able to shut 1 down for 1 perk for free multi use and no drawbacks just isn't the way it should be