How damn long do I have to wait to be able to vault pallets as Wesker?

Wesker's pallet vaulting seems horribly buggy right now. After a when a survivor drops or vaults a pallet, it seems like you can't vault it right away. Dashing towards the pallet right after it is dropped only makes your power go on cooldown and get you stuck into the recovery animation. Against a god pallet, that can make you waste a ridiculous amount of time while the survivor gains distance. The worst part is, it's not even clear how much you have to wait right now. I just had a match where a survivor dropped the god pallet at Ormond's main building, I waited a second after the full dropping animation was completed, I dashed and... still couldn't vault it, had to wait for the recovery animation and THEN break the pallet normally, which wasted a lot of time. Then, my power was on cooldown.

Comments

  • I'm fairly certain it's bugged. I thought I had to wait until one match while I panicking I dashed and vaulted it the second the survivor dropped it.

  • If a survivor is dropping a pallet and you're trying to vault it asap to catch up, look for the second bounce on the pallet. Its not a laser precision method of finding it, but its a good tell for when the detection won't get messed up by the animation. Honestly it'll probably stay that way as well, since you can prevent further loops if they hesitate, but get nothing in most cases if they hard commit (which you could then bait and either moonwalk around or just hit them instead depending on loop size.)

    If its not working after the second bounce, the only thing i can think of would be clipping something enough to stop your lunge early, or one of the many bugs with his power in its current state is causing it. Mostly just wanted to share the timing in case it helps, sadly can't do much with how much of a broken mess his ability is itself though.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    If a survivor is dropping a pallet and you're trying to vault it asap to catch up, look for the second bounce on the pallet. Its not a laser precision method of finding it, but its a good tell for when the detection won't get messed up by the animation. Honestly it'll probably stay that way as well, since you can prevent further loops if they hesitate, but get nothing in most cases if they hard commit (which you could then bait and either moonwalk around or just hit them instead depending on loop size.)

    If its not working after the second bounce, the only thing i can think of would be clipping something enough to stop your lunge early, or one of the many bugs with his power in its current state is causing it. Mostly just wanted to share the timing in case it helps, sadly can't do much with how much of a broken mess his ability is itself though.

    On the ocasion I mentioned, yes, I waited until after the second bounce. However, I had a match a few minutes ago where I sucessfully vaulted right after a survivor droped it, before the second bounce. So yeah, it's inconsistent.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3166953#Comment_3166953

    On the ocasion I mentioned, yes, I waited until after the second bounce. However, I had a match a few minutes ago where I sucessfully vaulted right after a survivor droped it, before the second bounce. So yeah, it's inconsistent.

    That sounds more like latency issues, particularly the server resolving the pallet's state with how it is currently displayed on your side. Not to dismiss it or anything, but thats the same kinda thing that happens when you hit someone vaulting but on their screen they already cleared the vault and got hit. Considering wesker can hit a survivor, slam them against a wall and infect them, but decide not to register damage is a similar validation issue, hopefully fixing one fixes the other as well.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    Wesker's pallet vaulting seems horribly buggy right now. After a when a survivor drops or vaults a pallet, it seems like you can't vault it right away. Dashing towards the pallet right after it is dropped only makes your power go on cooldown and get you stuck into the recovery animation. Against a god pallet, that can make you waste a ridiculous amount of time while the survivor gains distance. The worst part is, it's not even clear how much you have to wait right now. I just had a match where a survivor dropped the god pallet at Ormond's main building, I waited a second after the full dropping animation was completed, I dashed and... still couldn't vault it, had to wait for the recovery animation and THEN break the pallet normally, which wasted a lot of time. Then, my power was on cooldown.

    So how I know when i cab vault is when the pallet makes the second bounce noise