Isn't RPD even worse now?

I'm curious.

  • Why was the outside section added in? It gives the survivors an incredibly safe gen that you can W key away from and use as one massive loop, similar to upstairs midwich or gas heaven car piles, which is not fun in the slightest. One benefit of the old RPD was the main door being unsafe to open as it was a dead end, this removes that benefit.
  • The map was barely made any smaller, especially considering the outside section. The map can be split into 3 even parts, both wings and the main room. Each wing on their respective variation was barely halved in size. So in total that's only a 1/6th of the map gone (when in reality it should've been a 1/3rd). Consider the outside section and I'm willing to bet the total size of the map has only slightly changed.
  • The side with the helicopter is still incredibly hard to navigate and makes we want to uninstall. Chases on the opposite side of the map at least flow smoothly with the map layout but heli side is absolutely horrendous.

Idk the map feels more frustrating to play on. The loops were made more fun i'll give the map that but in terms of mobility for killer it feels awful.

Comments

  • It is worse, and people huffed enough copium into thinking that the 2nd one would solve all their problems.

  • Does anyone like any maps? I can't recall seeing a positive comment about any of them. I've been playing this game for 5 years and I just never put that much emotional stock in the maps. The worst I can say is I don't like the MacMillan and Autohaven maps that have two separate sides. I just, play the game and that's it.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    Does anyone like any maps? I can't recall seeing a positive comment about any of them. I've been playing this game for 5 years and I just never put that much emotional stock in the maps. The worst I can say is I don't like the MacMillan and Autohaven maps that have two separate sides. I just, play the game and that's it.

    Rpd Pre-Boons and Boil Over and Midwich pre Boon/hooks being frigged were the absolute best times