Yeah no absolutely - the players in the video likely didn't adapt to the situation/didn't know how to handle it so they get bulldozed quickly. Personally though I think it is Nurse that makes the combo strong, based primarily on the fact her power lets her hit you basically anywhere. No matter where you are, if she knows how to land a blink there you're taking a hit.
The other killers just don't have that. Even a Blight or Spirit with omega addons can't bypass a wall or go up/down floors with as much ease as Nurse can. Like you said tho the thread isn't about this so I don't wanna continue down this line of discussion.
Ultimately the video isn't concrete proof of anything but it's worth looking at all the same.
Yea I know I'm just tired if seeing Oh Nurse Is Broken here is proof or visa versa and it shows a streamer with 3x the playtime than any normal player
Yea I know I'm just tired if seeing Oh Nurse Is Broken here is proof or visa versa and it shows a streamer with 3x the playtime than any normal player
Yeah I don't base my opinions off what a content creator says either, it's pretty irritating when people do only that.
What they say has some merit, just like what we say has some merit. Everyone's experiences are different and so on so forth you probably know all this lmao
It's showcasing one of the most trained try-hard Nurse against below average players.
(And if you think they are average, it may explain something else ...)
These absolutely are average players. I see players like this all the time--both in my games and in streamers' games. The average survivor is not good at Dead by Daylight, that is just the reality of our situation.
Balancing around average players makes problems for playing as or against good players, because that means you are balancing with the assumption people play awfully and making frequent mistakes as a basis. Then when you’re at a level where that does not apply to you or your opponents, suddenly, it is unbalanced again.
Yes, better players will get more use out of some things and less use out of other things. But regular players also will not be facing those insane players frequently at all. At an all around average level of play, people aren’t even good enough to use whatever tools they have optimally regardless, and they’ll probably make throw level mistakes half a dozen times a match.
This is why stuff like old DS DH BT UB on 4 man SWF meant basically nothing on average players cause they suck anyways, while getting a bit ridiculous at very high levels of play.
I agree with your initial remark, to an extent.
Balancing around average players does not directly correlate to imbalance at higher levels.
To use a few real life examples...
In Billiards, inexperienced players can often be seen using the bridge stick to help improve the accuracy of their shot. At a certain point, players grow out of the bridge stick, but experienced players are also seen using it from time to time for more difficult shots. The bridge stick helps the inexperienced player perform more consistently from shot to shot, but it doesn't offer the experienced players any advantages raw skill didn't already provide.
With riding a bike, training wheels help a person learn to balance on their bike, but it doesn't offer anything more to someone who already knows how to ride on two wheels.
Thus far, I think BHVR has struggled to balance the game for all skill-levels, which is why I agree with you. But it can be done, and they should start with addressing tools the average player might need to perform more consistently at their level.
Here is the thing Awakened Awareness is like BBQ. Survivors complained about BBQ allowing for aura reading like that but never did for the longest time the easy ways to avoid it.
Now with Starstruck we have a perk that punishes greedy plays by Survivors and AA just makes it a worse punishment.
Nurse isn't the only one that benefits from SS/AA combo. Blight, Legion, Spirit, and Wesker highly benefit from it but all Killers can will get benefits if they run Agitation and Iron Grasp
I've always thought BBQ was one of the healthier perks in the game, because it got killers to run to the farside of the map, so I never really sympathized with those complaining about it.
That said... I think Starstruck (specifically with AA) is a little harder to avoid than BBQ--at least on nurse.
I really don't have any issues with SS on anyone but nurse. It is pretty middle-of-the-road on other killers, and most of its value for someone like say... Doctor, would come from being able to proxy camp a 3-gen with Overcharge and Eruption, rather than actually downing an exposed survivor.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yea I know I'm just tired if seeing Oh Nurse Is Broken here is proof or visa versa and it shows a streamer with 3x the playtime than any normal player
Yeah I don't base my opinions off what a content creator says either, it's pretty irritating when people do only that.
What they say has some merit, just like what we say has some merit. Everyone's experiences are different and so on so forth you probably know all this lmao
That's how it should be at least.
These absolutely are average players. I see players like this all the time--both in my games and in streamers' games. The average survivor is not good at Dead by Daylight, that is just the reality of our situation.
I agree with your initial remark, to an extent.
Balancing around average players does not directly correlate to imbalance at higher levels.
To use a few real life examples...
In Billiards, inexperienced players can often be seen using the bridge stick to help improve the accuracy of their shot. At a certain point, players grow out of the bridge stick, but experienced players are also seen using it from time to time for more difficult shots. The bridge stick helps the inexperienced player perform more consistently from shot to shot, but it doesn't offer the experienced players any advantages raw skill didn't already provide.
With riding a bike, training wheels help a person learn to balance on their bike, but it doesn't offer anything more to someone who already knows how to ride on two wheels.
Thus far, I think BHVR has struggled to balance the game for all skill-levels, which is why I agree with you. But it can be done, and they should start with addressing tools the average player might need to perform more consistently at their level.
I've always thought BBQ was one of the healthier perks in the game, because it got killers to run to the farside of the map, so I never really sympathized with those complaining about it.
That said... I think Starstruck (specifically with AA) is a little harder to avoid than BBQ--at least on nurse.
I really don't have any issues with SS on anyone but nurse. It is pretty middle-of-the-road on other killers, and most of its value for someone like say... Doctor, would come from being able to proxy camp a 3-gen with Overcharge and Eruption, rather than actually downing an exposed survivor.