FPS problems when playing killer

With the new patch I suffer from a general drop in performance and fps drops during the match. My pc is crappy, but until now it was playable. It happens while playing survivor too, but to a less degree so it's bearable even though it makes me miss skillchecks at the worst times possible. Unfortunately playing killer is very hard and frustrating because of that, not counting the motion sickness it gives me after a while, to the point that after a couple match I have to quit. I hope you guys can do something about this. I love this update and I wish I could enjoy it properly.

Comments

  • Tru3Ta1ent had some FPS issues yesterday aswell. Might just be the game, we'll see after the mid-chapter patch

  • console is very bad fps.

  • You're not alone. My GPS drops noticeabley every time I get in a chase. Which, is kind of the most inconvenient time, but there's not much I can do about it.
  • @P3Myers said:
    console is very bad fps.

    He's clearly not talking about console because patch 2.0.0 is not out yet on either.

    Anyways, the devs changed lighting a lot in this patch, especially with the way shiny things(such as bloody skins) reflect light. It is now closer to how it appeared prior to patch 1.4.0, however it is more taxing on resources. My recommendation is to look up how to tweak the internal resolution in the ini files, however I am unsure if that still works.

  • @RagingRealm said:

    @P3Myers said:
    console is very bad fps.

    He's clearly not talking about console because patch 2.0.0 is not out yet on either.

    Anyways, the devs changed lighting a lot in this patch, especially with the way shiny things(such as bloody skins) reflect light. It is now closer to how it appeared prior to patch 1.4.0, however it is more taxing on resources. My recommendation is to look up how to tweak the internal resolution in the ini files, however I am unsure if that still works.

    Yeah I noticed the lightning changes... I already tweaked the settings but I lost 5-10 fps compared to before. Unfortunately that means being constantly under 20 fps, that is kinda the limit for good gameplay.