Wesker first impression
So I finally got around to playing Wesker a bit and my first impression is pretty much as I expected, he seems to have solid potential but feels like he could use a couple minor tweaks.
- His collision box seems too small at 20 cm. Probably should split the difference between that and the 40 or 45 cm it was on PTB which looked too large and set it to 30 or 35 cm.
- His charge time feels just slightly too long at 1.5 seconds. I think if that’s reduced to be identical to Demogorgon’s charge time of 0.65 seconds or just slightly higher possibly it would be perfect since Demogorgon feels like he has about the right amount of charge time for this type of lunge attack. (Technically Demogorgon “fully charges” at 1 second, but I think the only difference between the 0.65 second charge and the 1 second charge for the Pounce is you don’t see Killer Instinct pings until after 1 second).
- There are a few odd times when you throw a survivor into something but they don’t take damage. Hard to tell exactly when it happens but obviously these are glitches that are being reported elsewhere too so hopefully they can get resolved. (Maybe it has to do with that change in how survivors “fall” during a bounce?)
Other than that I think he’s great. 🙂 He’s a little similar to Demo but can Bound around corners and periodically gets instant downs and Hinders from his ability, and Bound is good for catching up to survivors at about 20 meter distance, while Demo has better tracking and long range teleportation. Bound can also snipe from 20 meter distance which is fun. And just generally his style is kind of cool.
So yeah, just a couple tweaks and he’s great, easy A tier for me if that happens!
Comments
@Mandy @Peanits
I've been playing wesker since release on live servers constantly and been practicing 24 hours for being precise with his power but it doesn't matter how much you practice its still going to be a miss if they try to dodge so I agree either 25 or 30 cm hitbox Increase is needed for him to be playable