BHVR, is an option to choose longer queues for getting more even matches possible?

Is it possible to have a way so players can choose what kind of queue they want between the following two options?

Option A: Time is the focus. Basically, how it works now on live. Will prioritize time over an even-skill match at some point.

NEW Option B: An even match is the focus. The queue will wait much longer (or maybe even forever?) until a full lobby of even-skill players can be assembled.

Then players who want to get into matches quickly can use option A which is basically same as live. People who are actively okay with waiting and would rather have an even match instead of an easy win can select option B. If option B takes too long for their tastes that particular time, then they could switch back to option A as well.

People in option A would be able to be matched with option B if the skill level is similar, so it isn’t entirely separate queues.

Option B is what you essentially did on MMR test Day 3, where even skill was prioritized over queue time.

I know I would love it, as would some other people. Getting quick matches just to stomp average players is not fun. I would at least personally rather wait however long it takes, and do something else in the meantime while I wait, if it means I can get more even lobbies.

Comments

  • Another variant of this idea could be eg, a slider/a few options for prioritization between queue time and skill matchup.

    Eg, Option 1 is how it works on live (mostly focus queue time). Option 2 is prioritize skill matchup but not past IDK, 10m or something. Option 3 is waiting however long it would take for an even matchup.