Matchmaking Incentives Not Working With Anonymous Mode
Enabling the "Anonymous Mode" option to hide your name from others seems to disable the rewarding of matchmaking incentives. It's not just a visual bug on the end tally screen, either, I paid attention to how many Bloodpoints I have total. I disabled "Anonymous Mode" and the incentives worked again. I turned "Anonymous Mode" back on, the reward didn't apply. In the same matches where the incentives didn't apply for me, they did apply for my friend, doubling their Bloodpoints.
Edit: As of Sep 8, I have finally seen incentives apply when using Anonymous Mode. During my tests last week of over 8+ times attempting Anonymous Mode, the incentive never applied, but now it is applying, at least sometimes. I don't know if it was a really, really unlucky streak, or if the incentive is just less likely to apply in Anonymous Mode, or if it was fixed in the patch, but I wanted to make note of this.
Comments