WRONG GENERATOR SPAWNS

I previously reported some bad RNG cases on this topic

@gnehehe said:

There is something wrong with the RNG generator locations since some months !

I got so many times big cluster of generators on the same side of some specific maps:

  • I-like maps such as Azarov, Suffocation, Wraith Yamaoka: 4 generators on same end of the map, even sometimes with the middle generator being closer to this side than the other -> 5 out of the 7 generators (70+%) located within 40% of the map
  • Thomson house with 2 generators on the same side next to the house, 1 in the upper floor, 1 on the other side of the house and 1 on the field but quite close to the house (this is present since the rework of the map, never had this issue before)

Any killer with anti-gen perks, even without any mobility, will have such big advantage in these situations with so many generators located in the same area.

One typical example below when I played killer: 5 generators (70+%) on about 50% map ... this sounds so wrong and should never be the case, especially on these I-like maps.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0PM7Z4N7TGSV/clipboard01.jpg

In other words, survivors were "4-gened" from the start of the game without making any error/mistake. As expected, this game was really easy for me as the killer

I play this game since launch and hardly ever faced such kind of bad generator locations ... now, this is in roughly 30% games on these previously cited maps: it looks like some function, preventing too many generators on the same area, was simply disabled in source code and everything is just pure RNG at the moment.

I do think you should investigate this issue that prevent fair-games from the start of the game

Thanks in advance,

GneHeHe

I can't believe this game-breaking issue, that exists since the release of the game, is not on the high-priority list.


Update with new 2022 game; this is, by far, the most broken and awful RNG I got since the release of DbD!


No surprise at all, it was on the I-shape Azarov's Resting Place map, in a soloQ game for the most interesting experience. I recorded the game for info.


Here were the generator spawns on the main building side: 5 generators - out of the 7 (!!!!) - were placed around the main building, with basement on this side (as the lovely cherry on the cake). On top of that, we had badly oriented hill (surv's POV) with hook, the broken truck/tanker, both exit gates on the same side (shack side), ...

User: "Clipboard01.jpg"


IMO, this kind of stuff is the most broken issue in the game at the moment, especially with all the gen regression perks that exist today.

If the killer is decent, this is a lost game from the start (best case scenario for survivors: a loss by attrition after 20+ min game).

In conclusion, pure RNG for gen spawns should never exist on all the I-shape maps!

Comments