Should Alert get a secondary effect?
Alert is a decent perk, though I feel like it could have something more to it without being necessarily overpowering, such as giving it a "technically a nerf" that I call a helpful nerf: While active, increases the odds of triggering a skill check by 50%. For someone running Autodidact, Alert could help get your stacks a little quicker, for other things it could be useless or harmful (such as facing Skillcheck Doctors), but I think it makes sense with what being alerted tends to do to someone in the middle of something.
Comments
Give alert the lethal pursuer treatment
It extends all timed aura reading by two seconds
So it's base effect becomes 7 seconds and gives it more synergy with other timed aura perks . Granted survivor doesn't have too many of them but it'd be nice for some niche builds while also still being really viable on its own
There are a lot of perks that need help more, like Autodidact. They should fix those perks directly rather than indirectly by adding secondary effects to other perks.
Alert is fine as it is. It's a good information perk.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341178/alert-vs-any-means-necessary#latest
I made a post about Alert, and personally, I feel like it is competing with Any Means Necessary in terms of information. Both have their ups and downs, but I feel like Alert can use a tiny bit of a buff to make it compete a bit better with AMN.
Alert shows killers aura, any means shows downed pallet auras, i think alert is def better
Again, I stated some stuff in the post I linked for a reason.
They shouldn't nerf Alert to give Autodidact more skill checks. They can just adjust Autodidact to increase chance of skill checks if that's all it needs to be a better perk. They should never nerf a perk to "help" another perk when they can just make the other perk better on its own.