Does anyone (mods included) know who ACTUALLY invented DBD?

Who was it that said, "I've got this idea . . ." and then told the others about the Entity, Killer, Survivors, etc.? Was it Mathieu Coté? The producer, Stéfan Beauchamp-Daniel? The writer, Farah Daoud-Brixi?

Has anyone ever heard a specific developer take/be given credit for coming up with the original concept? Who thought of it first? 🤔 How long ago did they get the idea? Genuinely curious about the history of DBD.

Comments

  • IIRC DBD was originally developed by like just two people I believe. I mean like in the extremely early stage. Forgot who. I might be wrong.

  • @Toybasher said:

    IIRC DBD was originally developed by like just two people I believe. I mean like in the extremely early stage. Forgot who. I might be wrong.

    Interesting. Do you remember where you heard that?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There was a stream few years ago with Mathieu Cote and Dave Richard speaking about how DbD was born but I dont remember much.

    A small team, super small team anyhow. 2017 or 2016 stream period but nothing I could find on youtube or Twitch

    @Mandy do you know something about this?

    Thanks, Seth! Hopefully, Mandy does know and can let us know.