Add an error disconnect detector.
My computer ran into an error and restarted while I was in the middle of the game. It wasn't my fault I got disconnected but was still given the quitter penalty, which is rather unfair. Please fix.
My computer ran into an error and restarted while I was in the middle of the game. It wasn't my fault I got disconnected but was still given the quitter penalty, which is rather unfair. Please fix.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You can't add exceptions in a system like DC penalties because people will abuse it.
It's why the first couple of penalties are only 5 minutes. If you happen to encounter a situation like that you only have to deal with a 5 minute timeout and those situations shouldn't occur often enough to raise your penalty.
Adding any sort of way to not get a penalty will just cause people find a way to trigger that situation to avoid a penalty as there's no way for the computer to know the intent.
This makes me sad.
Which is why we can't have nice things. :(
It’s literally not possible to differentiate.
You can differentiate, it's just that, so can people who want to abuse it.
There is no legal way to differentiate it that cannot be tricked. That’s my point.