So what happens after the Reassurance meta and Nurse nerf?

I think that once Reassurance becomes meta and with the boost to basekit BT, survivor escape rates will go up. I also think that Nurse will have something done to her besides just nerfing the range add-ons at the mid-chapter. I think with these anti-tunneling/camping changes, that at high MMR there will be a 75 - 80% escape rate easily. The reason why I think that is because competent survivors know to stay split up and bang out generators to win easily. BHVR forcing ("strongly encouraging") the killers to constantly go for unique hooks against a competent team is basically gg unless the survivors mess up horribly. More survivors will survive until EGC, and the more survivors alive at EGC, the easier it is to save the one person on hook and bodyblock out the gate. I think kill rates were inflated by people making hopeless saves in EGC, but since that will happen less often, the kill rates will go down.

Assuming it happens this way, what adjustments do you think BHVR will make? You think they'll do anything to make the maps less safe and more fair? I don't think they will, it seems like too much work, they won't bother. Nerf the speed boost on exhaustion perks by a second? Larger regression basekit? What do you think?

Comments

  • If the killer is good enough, then no, they also will be able to still compete against good survivors, even with tunneling, and hopefully soon also camping, nerfed. You can win without those strategies. Definitely depends on the killer you are playing, and the map, but on average, you can still win even against extremely good survivor players. Might not be a 50/50 chance at times, but still winnable.

    The catch is only, that you also have to be extremely good with killer. Something some people aren't, even though they believe they are.

    I also seriously doubt that escape rates will go up to 75-80%. Especially considering Reassurance is getting nerfed, and still nothing is done to camping at base. I am positive in general the kill rates are definitely above 50% at the moment, probably even at the very high ranks, because of tunneling and camping.

    Also, and this is another key point, but nerfing camping and tunneling more, means that killers can also receive other, more healthy buffs in the future as well, like survivor sided maps being balanced out more. Something you mention yourself. I could also see them buffing the instant regression after kicking a gen from 2,5 to 5 %, as another example.

    However, at the moment, I don't think the basekit Bt buff and Reassurance wil be enough, especially not to warrant any further killer buffs. Once camping is nerfed by increasing hook phase duration tfrom 60 to 70 seconds, and hook grabs are removed, or by nerfs similar to that, then the game will be in a good spot, in my opinion in the best state it's ever been actually. And then the devs can continue to improve the game's balance, like making maps more balanced. And perhaps further nerfing camping and tunneling even more. And taking a look at the problematic slowdown perks.

  • @Veinslay said:

    I think that once Reassurance becomes meta and with the boost to basekit BT, survivor escape rates will go up. I also think that Nurse will have something done to her besides just nerfing the range add-ons at the mid-chapter. I think with these anti-tunneling/camping changes, that at high MMR there will be a 75 - 80% escape rate easily. The reason why I think that is because competent survivors know to stay split up and bang out generators to win easily. BHVR forcing ("strongly encouraging") the killers to constantly go for unique hooks against a competent team is basically gg unless the survivors mess up horribly. More survivors will survive until EGC, and the more survivors alive at EGC, the easier it is to save the one person on hook and bodyblock out the gate. I think kill rates were inflated by people making hopeless saves in EGC, but since that will happen less often, the kill rates will go down.

    Assuming it happens this way, what adjustments do you think BHVR will make? You think they'll do anything to make the maps less safe and more fair? I don't think they will, it seems like too much work, they won't bother. Nerf the speed boost on exhaustion perks by a second? Larger regression basekit? What do you think?

    Lmao what makes you think reassurance would become meta especially after it’s huge nerf? It’s not that much better than kinship at all and look at how much kinship is used lmao. Like never lol

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342768/so-what-happens-after-the-reassurance-meta-and-nurse-nerf

    Lmao what makes you think reassurance would become meta especially after it’s huge nerf? It’s not that much better than kinship at all and look at how much kinship is used lmao. Like never lol

    SWFs will absolutely maximize Reassurance to gen rush and save their teammates at the very last second. This already happens. Sometimes you have to force a 2nd hook state to generate pressure even if you weren't blatantly camping!

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342768/so-what-happens-after-the-reassurance-meta-and-nurse-nerf

    Lmao what makes you think reassurance would become meta especially after it’s huge nerf? It’s not that much better than kinship at all and look at how much kinship is used lmao. Like never lol

    Kinship can be used only once on yourself, and only during second stage. Reassurance can be used on both stages, and refreshes after each stage, and can be used on 3 different people. It can also be activated via the survivor, instead of kinship only activating when the killer comes near you after a while.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149956#Comment_3149956

    Kinship can be used only once on yourself, and only during second stage. Reassurance can be used on both stages, and refreshes after each stage, and can be used on 3 different people. It can also be activated via the survivor, instead of kinship only activating when the killer comes near you after a while.

    Just a minor correction.

    Kinship activates if another survivors comes within 16m of you on 2nd state.

    Kinship is not that bad of a perk, but the one time use limit the requirement of coordination with teammates make it too hard to reliably use. Compared to reassurance where you can use it at the very least 3 times and doesn't require you coordinate with the teammate on hook.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150134#Comment_3150134

    Just a minor correction.

    Kinship activates if another survivors comes within 16m of you on 2nd state.

    Kinship is not that bad of a perk, but the one time use limit the requirement of coordination with teammates make it too hard to reliably use. Compared to reassurance where you can use it at the very least 3 times and doesn't require you coordinate with the teammate on hook.

    thanks for the correction, you can tell how much I use it due to the fact that I don't even know the activation requirement correctly. But yeah I'm looking forward to reassurance.

  • Nothing, the game carries on as it always has.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149956#Comment_3149956

    Kinship can be used only once on yourself, and only during second stage. Reassurance can be used on both stages, and refreshes after each stage, and can be used on 3 different people. It can also be activated via the survivor, instead of kinship only activating when the killer comes near you after a while.

    if a bubba is camping and 1 person brings reassurance it’s no different than kinship. Reassurance can only be used on a survivor once and if that survivor gets unhooked it’ll be reset but if that survivor ends up getting to 2nd stage then reassurance can’t be used again. 1 less person is a match is a huge disadvantage for the survivors. Sure reassurance can be used on multiple different survivors which is why it makes it slightly better but it also has 4 seconds less time than kinship and also 10 less meters to activate than kinship. Also, a downed or hooked person can activate kinship but they can’t activate reassurance

  • I have a feeling that Reassurance will not be meta.

  • @Tsela said:

    I have a feeling that Reassurance will not be meta.

    It will be a very good perk, but I can see it being used a lot in SWF's. Solo queue maybe sometimes, we will all have to see how it will be when the new version gets released.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150513#Comment_3150513

    It will be a very good perk, but I can see it being used a lot in SWF's. Solo queue maybe sometimes, we will all have to see how it will when the new version gets released.

    Yes of course. We can talk more about it when it goes live, it might change until then or who knows. But it was just a personal opinion that it will not become meta. From killer perspective, I don't truly see it's value against me. More like a wasted perk slot if you ask me, but maybe it depends on the killers playstyle. I just wouldn't feel much. They keep the poor guy on the hook until I catch and hook another? That doesn't take long. I truly don't get it. It just disables the person for a longer time doing nothing useful. Probably they should make it so it only works if the killer is somewhere close by like 16 meters or something, so they don't waste too much time with that thing if the killer is far away anyway.

  • @Tsela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150516#Comment_3150516

    Yes of course. We can talk more about it when it goes live, it might change until then or who knows. But it was just a personal opinion that it will not become meta. From killer perspective, I don't truly see it's value against me. More like a wasted perk slot if you ask me, but maybe it depends on the killers playstyle. I just wouldn't feel much. They keep the poor guy on the hook until I catch and hook another? That doesn't take long. I truly don't get it. It just disables the person for a longer time doing nothing useful. Probably they should make it so it only works if the killer is somewhere close by like 16 meters or something, so they don't waste too much time with that thing if the killer is far away anyway.

    Great point, it honestly depends on the type of player you face, they could tend to either hardcore camp the player or not even bother staying near the hook. Again, we just got to see how it goes once it is released to live servers.

    One thing is that I do think it should get a range buff to make it up for the nerf it has received.