Quick questions from August update blog

Hi, just a couple quick questions for the devs from the new update blog if they feel like clarifying

  • Does Better than New still apply the 6% gen repair speed increase as well as the 16% increase in various other actions? Or is the gen speed off it completely?
  • On the PTB if Wesker was Bounding at a pallet that a survivor was using Any Means Necessary’s to lift the Bound would be cancelled. With the new change to Wesker coming to live where he can damage someone near a pallet when he Bounds it, does that mean he’ll hit someone using Desperate Measures on it? And if so does it cancel the Desperate Measures action?
  • Not a question, but to clarify for anybody reading this, Mandy did confirm in another thread that Mettle of Man is back to exactly how it worked prior to the rework with a 3 token requirement instead of 2. The only difference from the old version is its using its own unique condition to block attacks, not Endurance, so isn’t affected by Deep Wounds.
  • Just glancing it over, am I right that the main outstanding roadmap items for fiscal 2022 are the bots in custom matches, the automatic mori in the base game, and streamer mode? Am I forgetting anything that was announced for the roadmap that hasn’t already been done? (Really looking forward to those first two items personally! 🙂)

(edit: corrected the perk name for Any Means Necessary, had it confused with Desperate Measures.)

Comments

  • It's not Felix's desperate measures, you mean Yui's any means necessary.

    I think it still doesnt cancel any means necessary's action

    • Does Better than New still apply the 6% gen repair speed increase as well as the 16% increase in various other actions? Or is the gen speed off it completely?

    The Gen Repair Buff is gone.


    • Just glancing it over, am I right that the main outstanding roadmap items for fiscal 2022 are the bots in custom matches, the automatic mori in the base game, and streamer mode? Am I forgetting anything that was announced for the roadmap that hasn’t already been done? (Really looking forward to those first two items personally! 🙂)

    Streamer-Mode will come with Project W. You can hide your name and other names on your side. (IMO for Streamer Mode to be effective, they should also return all Cosmetics into Default in the Lobby)

  • Pretty sure that for Better than New they complete dropped the gen speed increase, so it no longer will affect gen speeds, just totems, chests, and healing.

    The other things that you missed are the small QoL changes where you can have an active survivor and killer challenge at once (this is a big one I'm looking forward to). Also, if I interpreted this correctly, you can queue up but still access the shop and maybe the old archive tomes as well. I don't remember the details of this one, but I definitely know they mentioned that you can browse and do more things when you are waiting for a lobby.

    The big question I have for having a survivor and killer challenge active at once is how the universal challenges will function. Does that mean that I can knock out two challenges at the same time? I have a bunch of the, collect x amount of emblems or collect x amount of glyphs that I would love to knock out two at the same time...

  • @Rovend said:

    It's not Felix's desperate measures, you mean Yui's any means necessary.

    I think it still doesnt cancel any means necessary's action

    Ah yeah, I got the names mixed up, thanks!