Launch Error , Cannot run under Virtual Machine.
Hello, been playing DBD for almost 2 years now in a virtual machine via windows 10 and steam.
Tried to load DBD today (2022-08-23) and got greeted with this. Please address!
Tagged:
Active
Hello, been playing DBD for almost 2 years now in a virtual machine via windows 10 and steam.
Tried to load DBD today (2022-08-23) and got greeted with this. Please address!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Same thing here -
I *really* don't want to put Windows on bare metal as I severely distrust it and am a longtime Linux user. This issue wouldn't matter to me whatsoever if BHVR finally implemented Proton support in EAC. The lack of it is the only reason I used a KVM.
Hello fellow linux user, I did a bit of experimenting last night, and I may have a solution, hopefully it sticks, but it worked for me. Im using libvirt, for me I had to add <smbios mode="host"/> in the <os> section of the configuration. I hope this helps. Let me know!
Works for me too. Thank you :).
Consider me a curious Beaver, are you having an issue with the latest 6.3.2 bugfix patch where you are consistently disconnected from the host, showing you and the killer as having disconnected?
You are a curious beaver indeed, I have been 100% disconnecting from host either in lobby or 30 seconds into the game. Going to try loading the game without the fix and see if that works.
rip
looks like undoing the fix leads to the original issue. guess we are screwed for now. Would be nice to get some dev response or something.
This fix seems to have let me play again, without having any disconnection from host problems.
Under the hyperv block you must add this.
<vendor_id state="on" value="123456789123"/>
the original fix is still necessary as well. cheers.
working for me with the following changes:
Also update to the latest gpu drivers on your guest, weirdly enough that made a difference for me
ive done a lot of testing, the only things that seem to be needed are the smbios, and vendor_id blocks. also you dont need to have any qemu args specifying hypervisor features, this can be done using the hyperv block. the solution looks more like this.
You're correct, I've mainly added the cpu flags for other Anticheats, but it might help later down the line when EAC becomes more strict.