Reassurance should be activatable per hook state rather than hook instance

I am not sure if the language was intended this way, but some clarification could help.

If a person is hooked and I use Reassurance on them, and then they go to second stage without being saved, will I be able to reuse Reassurance on them?

If not, I think I should be able to. Otherwise, this makes camping a person who has Reassurance used by them more viable because now a camping killer might say, "Well I want to prevent Reassurance from being used a second time. If I leave the hook, they'll get the save and then use it again." But, if it's per hook state, then it doesn't matter if they camped through the 30 seconds as I can reuse the perk on them.

If this is what was intended by the developer notes, then I don't think any further changes are necessary. When I read the developer notes, I took "hook instance" to be the same as "hook state", but others on the forum seem to be reading it differently.

Comments

  • I'd also like to see some clarification on exactly how this works, and I absolutely agree that it should be hook state and not hook instance.

    The change they put forward is a reasonable one if it is once per hook state, but makes the perk weaker than it needs to be if it's once per hook instance.