New player survivor experience
So i just picked up dbd a couple weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it, awesome game mechanics. I feel I've picked it up reasonably quickly, my killer games generally go very well. Think I've only had one match where 4 survivors excaped.
But as a newer player i feel I'm being pushed hard away from playing survivor in solo queue. Obvsly I'm not amazing at the game, but i feel I'm a competent survivor, mainly i need to get better at chases and looping. But the experience of solo queue survivor has been extremely punishing. I don't expect to escape every game but I can count the number of games I've survived solo on one hand.
So whenever i play solo I'm prettyuch always playing killer. And it can't be doing the matchmaking much good. Seen a couple of other posts about buffing solo players somehow and i feel vc would be an amazing thing for solo players and give them a much better chance of not getting rofl stomped. Or at least a ping system with preset phrases.
Yes there would be toxic ppl on voice comms but that happens on luterally every game ever. It wouldn't benfit swf teams as they already have voice comms and don't really need another advantage. Sure it wouldn't improve every public match, but i feel it'd make a big difference for newer players like me. Not only on the spot to survive a game, but also just to learn about the game in general from more experienced players. Even someone who doesnt talk, would be able to hear someone calling out killer locations, gen progress etc. At least the option would be there and it wouldn't have a negative on the game as a whole.
Because as it stands, unless i can swf, I am only queueing solo survivor if i have a daily ritual to do. And it sucks, like a simple survive one match challenge is taking me 4-5 matches and generally involves me playing for hatch, which hurts the team. It's a punishing, unpleasant experience and I'd imagine it's putting off a lot of players like myself, either from the game as a whole or from playing survivor. And you need 4 times as many players on survivor as you do killer.
Comments
True. Survivor is extremely beginner-hostile. The tutorial doesn't cover the most important parts of playing survivor, and there is no practical and non-discouraging way to practice playing unless you have friends to play customs with.
Killer, on the other hand, is relatively beginner-friendly, considering you'll start against survivors who have not yet mastered any mechanic of the game and you'll be overpowered for a good while before you're put against survivors who have any idea what they're doing.
Nice to see another player suggesting solos could benefit from a VGS system that allows them to choose from preset phrases to communicate. Best of luck to you in the fog.