Mods: What do we do when this happens?

When a hacker holds the game hostage and prevents the game from ending. Just had a game last almost 60 minutes because the hacker blocked me, the killer, in a corner by "hooking" themselves to block me from moving, then did something that made every gen explode constantly for a solid hour.


I recorded the game and went away for a while and it finally ended after an hour. This kind of thing is unacceptable, it is happening to me multiple times a day so my DC penalty is extremely long now.


You need to remove the DC penalty until this kind of thing gets dealt with.

Comments

  • im gonna be completely honest id collect the evidence and then eat the penalty. 5 minutes is much better than 60. ######### that

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    im gonna be completely honest id collect the evidence and then eat the penalty. 5 minutes is much better than 60. ######### that

    It's happening to me multiple times a day now, so my DC penalty is longer than 5 minutes

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3144959#Comment_3144959

    It's happening to me multiple times a day now, so my DC penalty is longer than 5 minutes

    i would not have the patience to deal with that tbh the only thing i can suggest outside of just taking it is to play something else for a day to allow your penalty to decay

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3144962#Comment_3144962

    i would not have the patience to deal with that tbh the only thing i can suggest outside of just taking it is to play something else for a day to allow your penalty to decay

    So i'm just supposed to DC every time it happens and just not get to play the rest of the day?

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3144985#Comment_3144985

    So i'm just supposed to DC every time it happens and just not get to play the rest of the day?

    if your dc penalty is longer than 2 hours it is better to just wait the 2h for the match to auto end

    but there isnt anything really you can do

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3144985#Comment_3144985

    So i'm just supposed to DC every time it happens and just not get to play the rest of the day?

    Honestly I don't know what else you can do.

  • I haven't had a hacker yet

    but If I did, I would DC and spend time in my Epic DbD account, lol.

  • They can't turn off dc punishments because if they did, the amount of people who would disconnect for every little thing would become a greater problem than hackers currently are.

    I'm sorry for your issues, I know it sucks, but this is Behaviour, we've seen the quality of their coding over the years and we know they move at a snails pace to do anything, so don't get your hopes up and expect them to do anything about hackers being able to hack their poor code. I know it's not what you want to hear, but your best solution is to just tab out and play something else or quit the game all together until they announce that they're taking hackers more seriously. If you're getting them as often as you claim, you really should put this game down.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    They can't turn off dc punishments because if they did, the amount of people who would disconnect for every little thing would become a greater problem than hackers currently are.

    I'm sorry for your issues, I know it sucks, but this is Behaviour, we've seen the quality of their coding over the years and we know they move at a snails pace to do anything, so don't get your hopes up and expect them to do anything about hackers being able to hack their poor code. I know it's not what you want to hear, but your best solution is to just tab out and play something else or quit the game all together until they announce that they're taking hackers more seriously. If you're getting them as often as you claim, you really should put this game down.

    Survivors already kill themselves on the hook anyway. It doesn't do anything other than make their "DC" a little bit quicker. Killers can just go face a wall in a corner and wait for the game to end and again, only takes about 2-3 minutes or so, all they do is save a little time.


    You already get 0 bloodpoints for DCing.

  • Still would like an answer from BHVR on this.

  • Honestly, it's probably better to just take a break from the game if you are encountering cheaters holding the game hostage that often. Even if the dc penalty was removed and you could just dc from those games, if you are getting them at a rate causing you to have high penalty timers then I don't see it likely you'll encounter many real games.

  • My advice when encountering a hacker is to play along with them. Accept that they have all the power and do whatever you can to get on their good-side in the short moments you have.

    It has been my experience that hackers are vindictive and hold hostage the killers they believe to play scummy.


    The reality is, you're not going to win the game, so don't go trying to down any survivors or farm any BP. Just sit back, enjoy the show the hacker is putting on, press record on any screencapturing device you might have, hope they leave when the last gen gets done, and report them afterwards.

    The first few times I encountered a hacker I tried to play the game as normal, and was held hostage in the end. I've since started memeing with the hacker, and it is my assumption that they don't hold me hostage because I've managed to earn their respect.

    Exhibit A:

    Watch "Totally Not a Hacker" on Streamable.

    I was GF, so I just tbagged non-stop and watched the hacker play around. Game ended shortly after this clip.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    My advice when encountering a hacker is to play along with them. Accept that they have all the power and do whatever you can to get on their good-side in the short moments you have.

    It has been my experience that hackers are vindictive and hold hostage the killers they believe to play scummy.

    The reality is, you're not going to win the game, so don't go trying to down any survivors or farm any BP. Just sit back, enjoy the show the hacker is putting on, press record on any screencapturing device you might have, hope they leave when the last gen gets done, and report them afterwards.

    The first few times I encountered a hacker I tried to play the game as normal, and was held hostage in the end. I've since started memeing with the hacker, and it is my assumption that they don't hold me hostage because I've managed to earn their respect.

    Exhibit A:

    https://streamable.com/kp382x

    I was GF, so I just tbagged non-stop and watched the hacker play around. Game ended shortly after this clip.

    That's not exactly a great solution when the person's goal from the beginning is to be as malicious as possible.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3146160#Comment_3146160

    That's not exactly a great solution when the person's goal from the beginning is to be as malicious as possible.

    I'm not a dev. I can't get rid of your hacker problem.

    I can only offer you advice on how to better manage it as a player.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3146268#Comment_3146268

    I'm not a dev. I can't get rid of your hacker problem.

    I can only offer you advice on how to better manage it as a player.

    That's the point of this thread, to ask the devs what we should do, or if they are going to address it for those of us who are not fog whisperers.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3146307#Comment_3146307

    That's the point of this thread, to ask the devs what we should do, or if they are going to address it for those of us who are not fog whisperers.

    in that case, I hope you find the answers you seek

  • We can only hope.

  • Had another 2 games where this happened last night. Just had to log off for the night because the leave penalty kicked in too hard.