Dead hard
You know what this poll is…
You know what this poll is…
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Didn't give a heck about DH before and now, both as killer and survivor. Don't know why so much fuzz about it. Good perk in proper hands (before and after), but there are plenty more of other strong perks.
It's the kind of perk where it was useful before, and is still useful—but in different ways. Now you can use DH to check for NOED, take a protection hit while injured, maybe avoid trading hooks in some camping situations, etc. I prefer DH a lot more now since it works better with For the People now that I can take a hit for someone as soon as I pick them up (and giving them a better chance at survival than I could if I had old DH).
I only chose other since I wonder if reverting it to 1 second endurance would be be an overall improvement for use, or if it's better to keep it at .5 second endurance. Since I can imagine arguments for both.
the only thing i dont like about it is how just the threat of its existence removes the killers ability to lunge, but at least its not press e to win instantly anymore
It's fine now. It's a rewarding perk and actually takes skill. The only issue I have with it is that the animation looks weird and it's very slow. Other than that, new DH is perfect.
This poll is useful by showing who shouldn't be taken seriously at all
I'm alright with it now simply because it doesnt by default give immunity to abilities. Trapper needed this.
Dead Hard is fine as is, aside from there being a hack cheaters use for it which is annoying but that’s cheaters for you in general.
Requires good timing and skill rather than being able to escape a bad play and it actually matters now if the killer knows you have it or not.
I think it is still a relatively unconditional perk with very powerful effects. I don't think something being mechanically hard is good enough justification for overpowered effects i.e., Nurse.
inb4 just bait it out
Was decent and fun, but not OP before. Is fun and kinda descent now. I prefer old one, as killer and survivor, but i dont really care.
The 1s would be too much maybe 0,7s because sometimes if killer start hitting same time the 0,5s just ends. But I think it's fine now. But it was not that bad before I would just removed the immortality from it so then you can get hits through it.
My main reason for extending it was pretty much that same reason: latency issues, and how the killer starting to swing at the same time (feels even more off with lunges) so dead hard just ends in mid-swing.
My main concern for extending it was that too long of a period could mean killers would have to go back to waiting it out, which I feel was a big part of the frustration and unhealthiness of pre-endurance dead hard.
So something like .7 seconds could be a possible way to make it more viable for people with average ping and adjusting better for activation time and swings/lunges.
It was always fine. People who play killer and take the game too seriously never shut up about it.
I'll always think it was fine before, but the current one is okay too. I'd say just give us back the 1 second like the initial rework.
Maybe better ways to inflict ehxaustion
The perk was way more unhealthy before so it is better now, but it’s still too strong and not healthy for the game. I wouldn’t remove it, it just needs to be reworked into something else entirely.
Alright now, but its getting more popular I wouldn't be against just nerfing it again honestly cause the revival is ongoing and even though I used to love the perk it is insanely boring to see it all the time again.
Dead hard is in a much better state than it was before 6.1.0. It requires much more skill to use than the old DH and is still the most common exhaustion perk.
It adds variety and makes the game interesting. It only seems overpowered because out of all perks that you'll potentially see an entire team run, it's either this or Unbreakable.
I'd love another perk shakeup where they buff unused perks. Hopefully it'll decrease the amount you see the same perks in every game.
To be fair, I think it was kinda fine before 6.1. as well. Most I saw (though I do admit I'm on lower mmr) would be ######### DH into nothing and result in downs 2 seconds later.
I think it was easier to counter before. XD
I don't think it's imbalanced, I just don't enjoy the counterplay to it.
Esp. because you'll bait like 4 dead hards successfully and then fail the 5th and feel like a dumbass lmao.