Otz new Killer Tier list

In case anybody is curious, Otz just posted his updated killer tier list. While I don't literally agree with 100% of what Otz says all the time his positions are always well articulated and generally worth at least a listen. (Although at almost two hours long it's something I personally just listen to the items I'm mainly interested in versus the entire episode all at once.)

Anyway this new one includes his thoughts on Wesker. Here's the video and a breakdown of the timestamps. Per his introduction this is how effective he feels the killers are played normally against average to high MMR survivors using typical add-ons and random maps.

https://youtu.be/whmrILaplk8
S Tier
A+ Tier
A Tier
B Tier
C Tier
D Tier


--

I think my own list would be kind of similar to this with some of the killers moved up or down a rank. Just going through it off-hand from bottom to top

  • I think Onryo should be C Tier with Wraith. He seemed to be discounting her partly because of limitations of Stealth against really good survivors, but the survivor bracket he's talking about (average to high) is actually still somewhat susceptible to stealth attacks and this is also evidenced by her slightly above average kill rates on aggregate sites which track that level of player. She's weaker than Dredge though so still not great, I think C tier is the call.
  • Pig probably belongs in B Tier currently. Again, she has very solid stealth and that is a useful asset in the average brackets we're talking about. Also the change to her boxes a couple of months ago seems to have helped her and her kill rates are quite high currently. (And historically she's been one of the highest kill rate killers in the overall brackets of all matches against all players as well, again because stealth is an ability that is most useful against average players.) Given that change and her statistically high kill rates I would put her in B, not C.
  • Trickster is probably a bit high, I would put him in D Tier instead of C. Even Otz in his discussion of Trickster spends a good chunk of it listing in gruesome detail all the problems Trickster has (slow movement, the potential to waste his power if he can't secure a damage state from the daggers, an ultimate triggered ability that is way too tricky to use properly) before getting into what he likes about Trickster which is, if a survivor is in the open, he has the potential to get a quick down. He then loosely compares Trickster to Bubba in how a survivor in the open can be downed quickly, but frankly Trickster is no Bubba. And statistically Trickster always has among the lowest kill rates on both the dev charts and the aggregate site I follow. He really belongs in the bottom tier in my opinion.
  • I personally put Dredge in A tier versus B simply because its map mobility is so strong and long periods of solid stealth are also useful against average survivors. Again, the problems it suffers in terms of the effectiveness of stealth are more at the really high end of the survivor pool versus the average to above average end. And while its anti-loop isn't great it's still something that can get a hit now and then. If its Remnant plays were better I might have put it in A+ but as is A seems the right spot. (And statistically Dredge is quite high in the kill stats as well.)
  • I like Twins well enough but I would put them in B tier instead of A. Victor has good map mobility and a touch of stealth, which is great, but ultimately his lunge is so finicky when it comes to hitting survivors using obstacles for cover and the swap time between him and Charlotte just feels a touch too slow for its own good that I just can't see myself putting them in A tier while those issues are present. And Twins generally have low kill rates at the average brackets as well. At the highest end apparently Twins can be really ruthless, but since this list is about average to above average players I can't see Twins quite making it to A Tier.

I think I'd probably leave the rest of the killers in their current brackets. I could MAYBE see Doctor being B tier? 🤷‍♂️ But he does seem less effective nowadays so high C tier is probably ok.

Comments

  • @Phasmamain said:

    It’s crazy to see Freddy below clown. People used to say he was S tier when his rework first came out which seems ridiculous now (I know he had slowdown add ons but without them he kinda sucked)

    it just goes to show you how much gen defense matters for killers. his anti-heal+slowing gens down add-on were pretty strong in conjunction with his snares. it is sad to see a horror icon fall so low after a rework.

    Artist in Otz tier list is same thing currently. He rates her highly because of deadlock+dead man switch+pain res+corrupt combo on her. 4 gen defense stacking perks. sounds very familiar to mr freddy from awhile back.

  • I almost agree with him. However, Freddy is too high. He belongs to the 2nd last spot since the newest patches came out. Sadako and Myers have both more to offer.

  • @Hes1hp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3143163#Comment_3143163

    The guy who thinks unhooking should have no counterplay? What are you referring to, I don't get it

    He doesn't think that, just the person you're quoting is being disingenuous. His argument is that the "unhooking game", which essentially devolves into "who has the shittier internet connection/reaction speed" most of the time, is inherently stupid. It's a position I personally agree with, sitting there baiting back and forth is kind of ridiculous. It would make trading more viable (especially in solo) against people camping, but at the cost of making end game camping a bit weaker. Prior to the DS / OTR changes I wouldn't have been in favour of changing how unhooking worked, but with certain perks no longer working in endgame I'm less opposed to the idea now.

  • I think Wesker is going to be worse than people expect, but he is fun so that should carry his popularity. I expect many bugs to go live with him.

  • Spirit and Oni were outrageously overrated, but everything else he put seems fine.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    It’s crazy to see Freddy below clown. People used to say he was S tier when his rework first came out which seems ridiculous now (I know he had slowdown add ons but without them he kinda sucked)

    He was never even close to S tier. Nurse is the standard for that, and nobody comes close, which is why I consider Blight A tier, not S.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3143170#Comment_3143170

    Freddy is dead. With the latest 39 perk-change-patch + DMS-Hardcore-Nerf, he is the biggest loser of it.

    "His" Perks Tinkerer, Dead Mans Switch, Pop, Ruin got all nerfed or destroyed and now he has nothing for his Gen-Teleport left. Okay, you could run Call of Brine, Eruption, Overcharge and TInkerer (new one), but besides that, there is nothing left he could use. No TR-Perks, worst addons in the game etc.

    For me Freddy is even worse than Myers (decent addons for different playstyles) and Onryo (can use Teleport even after 5 gens are done = NOED-Option + The Teleport is instant).

    Freddys Fake-Teleport do nothing anymore without Dead Mans or normal Tinkerer.

    Like Demogorgon, if survivors just play safe against him, he fails to even get a hit before a gen or 2 is done. The thing is that survivors know Freddy is a huge joke, so they just give him hits at loops to be greedy and not use pallets. I don't see how he was ever thought of as oppressive. He teleports to stop the gen, yes, but then the survivors run off and push a different one, same as with any killer. Doesn't matter if he got a bit of regression with Pop, Ruin, or Overcharge.

  • @Chaellooo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3143247#Comment_3143247

    he made this tier list not just by himself but also with his viewers. guess thats what people think about plague lol

    I don't trust his viewers to have serious or well thought-out opinions about balance. They meme around too much, and say that "Because otz does streaks, killer is balanced."

  • @dugman said:

    In case anybody is curious, Otz just posted his updated killer tier list. While I don't literally agree with 100% of what Otz says all the time his positions are always well articulated and generally worth at least a listen. (Although at almost two hours long it's something I personally just listen to the items I'm mainly interested in versus the entire episode all at once.)

    Anyway this new one includes his thoughts on Wesker. Here's the video and a breakdown of the timestamps. Per his introduction this is how effective he feels the killers are played normally against average to high MMR survivors using typical add-ons and random maps.

    https://youtu.be/whmrILaplk8

    S Tier
    A+ Tier
    A Tier
    B Tier
    C Tier
    D Tier

    --

    I think my own list would be kind of similar to this with some of the killers moved up or down a rank. Just going through it off-hand from bottom to top

    • I think Onryo should be C Tier with Wraith. He seemed to be discounting her partly because of limitations of Stealth against really good survivors, but the survivor bracket he's talking about (average to high) is actually still somewhat susceptible to stealth attacks and this is also evidenced by her slightly above average kill rates on aggregate sites which track that level of player. She's weaker than Dredge though so still not great, I think C tier is the call.
    • Pig probably belongs in B Tier currently. Again, she has very solid stealth and that is a useful asset in the average brackets we're talking about. Also the change to her boxes a couple of months ago seems to have helped her and her kill rates are quite high currently. (And historically she's been one of the highest kill rate killers in the overall brackets of all matches against all players as well, again because stealth is an ability that is most useful against average players.) Given that change and her statistically high kill rates I would put her in B, not C.
    • Trickster is probably a bit high, I would put him in D Tier instead of C. Even Otz in his discussion of Trickster spends a good chunk of it listing in gruesome detail all the problems Trickster has (slow movement, the potential to waste his power if he can't secure a damage state from the daggers, an ultimate triggered ability that is way too tricky to use properly) before getting into what he likes about Trickster which is, if a survivor is in the open, he has the potential to get a quick down. He then loosely compares Trickster to Bubba in how a survivor in the open can be downed quickly, but frankly Trickster is no Bubba. And statistically Trickster always has among the lowest kill rates on both the dev charts and the aggregate site I follow. He really belongs in the bottom tier in my opinion.
    • I personally put Dredge in A tier versus B simply because its map mobility is so strong and long periods of solid stealth are also useful against average survivors. Again, the problems it suffers in terms of the effectiveness of stealth are more at the really high end of the survivor pool versus the average to above average end. And while its anti-loop isn't great it's still something that can get a hit now and then. If its Remnant plays were better I might have put it in A+ but as is A seems the right spot. (And statistically Dredge is quite high in the kill stats as well.)
    • I like Twins well enough but I would put them in B tier instead of A. Victor has good map mobility and a touch of stealth, which is great, but ultimately his lunge is so finicky when it comes to hitting survivors using obstacles for cover and the swap time between him and Charlotte just feels a touch too slow for its own good that I just can't see myself putting them in A tier while those issues are present. And Twins generally have low kill rates at the average brackets as well. At the highest end apparently Twins can be really ruthless, but since this list is about average to above average players I can't see Twins quite making it to A Tier.

    I think I'd probably leave the rest of the killers in their current brackets. I could MAYBE see Doctor being B tier? 🤷‍♂️ But he does seem less effective nowadays so high C tier is probably ok.

    Nurse sucks... She is b tier at best. Idk why people whine about her. Just get gud

  • IMO, he overrates Plague and Oni. If Oni’s current blood orb bug gets fixed (has it been fixed in PTB?) then I’d stand by that statement even more.

    Apart from that it’s a solid list.

  • I disagree with a few of the rankings, but I also might have waited until Wesker actually releases to put out a list.

  • @Hes1hp said:

    Putting wraith that low is insane. He is easily B tier and with certain perks/addon playstyle A tier easily. I slap as wraith with gen kick build

    Wraith is just a glorified m1 killer, easy af to loop and counter, any decent team will dunk on him.

  • Why they keep bashing my beloved Sadako??? She's awesome! Screw tier lists! :)

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    I think Dredge is in the right place.

    If he doesn't successfully get a hit after teleporting to his remnant in chase his power goes on cooldown and that can be really punishing. I don't think his map mobility and stealth makes up for his lack of lethality, which everyone else in Otz's B tier beat him in.

    If only he had some addons that made him faster when teleporting not in Nightfall. Are we ####### there yet?!?

    Boat Key?

  • I already dislike his list because Spirit is not in the S tier.

1 2 ›