What do you think of Slippery Meat?
Since the introduction of deliverance, Slippery meat seems kinda not worth it as its very dependant that you get lucky and that you're playing against trapper for full effect.
I think if the Slippery Meat perk made it so you slide off the hook without much struggle when you do get off, it would be a nice perk.
By sliding off the hook without much struggle
I mean the killer doesn't get an audio cue / notification that you have been unhooked. The player portrait would be as it is now but this audio cue which killers listen for calls for them to be a little more attentive.
Still probably needs a rework as it's almost useless most of the time.
I think if the Slippery Meat perk made it so you slide off the hook without much struggle when you do get off, it would be a nice perk.
By sliding off the hook without much struggle
I mean the killer doesn't get an audio cue / notification that you have been unhooked. The player portrait would be as it is now but this audio cue which killers listen for calls for them to be a little more attentive.
Still probably needs a rework as it's almost useless most of the time.
Comments
I think the perk is fine as it is. At tier 3 it grants 3 additional attempts to get off the hook, which result in a 21.7% chance to get off after all six attempts, as opposed to the default 11.5% chance after 3 attempts.
They are just too similar and I think slippery meat is nowhere near as good as deliverance.
Slippery Meat also increases the chance to get out of bear traps, works even if you're the first one to be hooked, and doesn't give you the Broken status effect.
They're different perks.
And my point is that they aren't "too similar". They're for different play styles.
You say Deliverance is more useful than Slippery Meat, but it has activation conditions and consequences. Someone who's not too inclined to pull off a hook rescue or doesn't want to risk the Broken status effect that comes with Deliverance might take Slippery Meat.
Slippery Meat also synergizes with luck offerings and perks, which Deliverance does not.
I feel it is overshadowed by Deliverance. Sure there is not the safe unhook condition, but the effect is way less reliable and usually requires you to use luck offerings and perks.
It still has its niche, and can still be used by people who can't have Deliverance.