Something I noticed last night, what's everyone else's experience?
So last night I played a couple of games as Killer, and during them, man I was smashing the Survivors. Felt bad, like I was playing new players and the last match, I think I was legitimately playing new players. Then I switched to Survivor and that experience wasn't much better, my team mates seemed like they couldn't even hold W against the killer, they were all going down so fast.
Now this wasn't the case the week prior, where I had to try and a lot of times fail against Survivors as Killer. I'd been getting royally beat down a few games. But last night it was like everything changed.
Do you think it might have had something to do with the rank reset? I know the official word is MMR isn't effected by that but I assume there must be some kind of reset going on?
Comments
It's mostly been like that for me since the update dropped. Although i started collecting data 2 days ago and in that time i have 24 survivor games and 5 killers games, 4 of them as wraith and 1 as executioner.
My escape rate is 45% which i was very suprised by because honestly i thought it was less than 10%. My kill rate is 80%. Not a big sample size but it definitely change my perspective on playing survivor. I highly recommend that people try collecting data, it might make you feel better about the game. Or worse... but hey data is good for getting closer to the truth.
I've done 2 Killer matches today after not playing for 3 weeks.
All knew how to loop efficiently, do gens efficiently, bodyblocked perfectly, and I felt like I couldn't have done anything to prevent it. And all that after waiting almost 4 minutes for the matches. I've started a Timer. First queue took 3 mins and 32 seconds, second queue took 3 mins and 55 seconds, at aroun 15:30 (Austria).
I am certainly rusty for sure, but I recognize good Survivors, and then I switch to Survivor myself and... yeah... the difference is night and day.
Solo has been horrible since the update. I used to get good teammates at less congested hours and unwinnable games at peak hours before the patch, but now I just get horrible teammates no matter when I play. Haven't touched survivor in over a week. Not worth my time. One or two players are always so out of place to the point that the game isn't winnable, and I don't find any enjoyment in playing a game I can't win. DbD lost that allure 3000 hrs ago and my mindset is different. Maybe some players still have fun doing Rift challenges or whatnot, but I don't. I don't even click on a Rift challenge I can't complete passively by playing normally. Anyway...
Killer is a mixed bag. My queues are 5-10 minutes outside of peak hours. The games are a mixed bag in terms of difficulty, but I still win the vast majority of them. Didn't feel like anything changed last night.
SoloQ survivor is literally unplayable, you need to play 20-30 games to have a single decent match, it's beyond ridiculous. Killer was pretty fun for a while, except those ludicrous waiting times, but for the past couple of days every single team I went up against was a seal team six, efficient, well coordinated with no weak link everyone knowing how to loop proficiently. And those guys don't seem to go up against the 10k hour starstruck nurse, how curious.
Its not unplayable, its harder to escape but far from unplayable.
So man, those soloq games I did yesterday I realized that my team mates are literally unable to run the killer, so decided to do it myself.
So this is actually kind of a fun way to play, give it a try sometime. Think of it as stealing kills from the Killer, rather than escaping the match. If my team mates can't keep the dude busy, and they can't keep from getting caught, then you do it. Take OTR, DS, Bond and Overcome and just do your best to keep the dude busy. I had a killer hit 4 three times last night after getting pulled off hook. I body blocked the first hit off of hook, which didn't trigger my Overcome or take my OTR, then he chased me down, hit me, OTR absorbed, Overcome triggered. Chased me down again and bond showed me I was running toward team mates so I veered away from them. Dude hit me again, I went down. Picked me up, DS'd off him, and then I took him on a real chase because I'm gonna go down for real this time. He finally downed me, and hooked me. Did it again off of hook. By the time I'd finished baiting this dude into chasing me for so long, only 1 Gen was left and 2 of the 3 managed to escape.
As far as I'm concerned, that's a job well done, I stole 2 of the dudes kills.
It could be people returning and being rusty, but as you say: the MMR isn't affected by rank reset.
However, it may be how MMR works and the range is wide enough that it may incorporate newer, more casual or rusty players.