Why is Trickster so popular yet so hated by both sides?

If you look how many skins and PR this killer gets you would say he is very popular at least for one side...

...and then you look at forums and other places where people talk about him and it's just usualy negative. From "he is unfun to play", "he doesn't belong to DbD" to "I hate playing againts him". I don't understand.

Comments

  • Because trickster mains are massive simps for the character and will buy any cosmetic released for him. Plus BHVR seem to have a bias towards him just like mikaela or feng

  • He has many skins because he's like Legion. He's a perfect killer for skins and therefore, it's his only purpose.

    And people hate him probably because you can't do ######### against him but to pray that he can't aim.

  • I'm on console. Which means I can't hit anything when I play him but I always get him when playing against him.