Personally
I can't stand the Mental Institution map(as killer) It's complicated af , has a million windows/pallets and lately has the absolute worst gen layout .
I can't stand the Mental Institution map(as killer) It's complicated af , has a million windows/pallets and lately has the absolute worst gen layout .
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm assuming you mean Lery's and not Disturbed Ward, and yeah Lery's can have some layouts that are really good for survivors, but it can also have nasty three gens where 2 of them are solo gens.
The map isn't too bad once you learn it more, but the windows can be chained in a nasty way if the survivor knows the map better than you. Just takes time to learn.
Yep and that's basically what happened. These guys knew it like they designed it , and I'll be honest this is one of the only matches on this map where a 3 gen was just not possible . All the gens were spread out to the farthest corners with a million windows, rooms, and pallets they can use . I've only had a couple matches ever on that map where I did well . I had to slug rn just to get a 1k lmao
if you mean Lerys, once you learned it, it's generally killer sided (excluding some killers like Billy, Nurse, Huntress etc). It doesn't has great obvious loops, most survivors don't know how to run this map because everything looks the same, generators are hard to find (natural slowdown). Other survivors are harder to find for healing, navigating is generally hard with almost no landmarks in sight. Even with a normal terror radius the survs can't see from where you are coming until it's too late and if you play stealth killers this map is totally in your favour.
Idk hex In every single match I've had on this specific map people seem to know this map like the back of their hand . I do agree that the gens are a little harder to find but they seem to not really have a problem with that overall. Last match I had no way to secure ANY type of 3 gen as Hag .
I'm pretty decent at hag too but these gens were just in the absolute worst spots next to a million pallets, an extremely long loop, or two the upper observation room thing. Did get a few downs and a 1k but I still got destroyed .
Yeah, from survivor point of view, I don't mind this map at all. There have been times where I get RNG that is terrible for me, but a lot of times I know where I can run the killer for a good amount of time. The main room is fun to run as well when I occasionally run Balanced Landing.
From killer side, I dont mind it on some killers. There are definitely killers who struggle on the map more than others, but overall, it isn't bad for killers. The gens can be pretty far if survivors prioritize middle map gens. I know whenever I play, I try to get the main room gen done early on and maybe library gen if there is one there.
Good map for scratched mirror myers. Fun to give the spooks and get the spooks.
Do you play as Hag ? Just curious
No, I do not like playing hag. It's always a mixed bag of results with her and it's mostly because I'm not a good hag player. There are some traps that I know are good and I can get some cheeky hits, but I usually get turned around when traps are set off. I'm also a bit slow because I don't bind it to scroll wheel.
I probably have maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of my hours in survivor and the rest in killer. My main is Artist, but I also have been playing a lot of Dredge lately. Before Artist came out, I mainly played a lot of Pig and Trapper and a good amount of Myers. Although, I own all the killers besides Pinhead and Sadako, and sometimes I'll play others for dailies or ranking up.
Cool, so you'd agree hag would be harder to use on this map ?
Once you lose any resemblance of a three gen, then yeah, I would imagine it would be quite difficult to win as hag on the map. Between low mobility and needing to set up traps, I could imagine it would be very hard to get downs if survivors avoid your trapped areas and make sure to destroy the three gen.
I don't think she is one of the killers who gets especially screwed over by the map because her power doesn't rely on LOS and she can actually set up choke points because of it being an indoor map. That being said, I kind of think it more depends on the skill level of the hag than the map for her performance. I would think she could do pretty well on this map as long as you are mindful of what gens are being worked on. Survivors can't really avoid your traps easily if you lock down hallways and certain vaults.
Oof. Tough when there's like a hundred vault areas across the map tho
I would suggest trapping windows that are hard for you to navigate to for getting hits, and not trapping windows that are right next to open door ways. That way you narrow down the windows by trapping the really good ones and just read the survivor's pathing when they go to the not so good windows where you can hit them by just going through the door way next to it. It requires knowledge of the map and some practice, so don't expect yourself to nail each match.
A good way to practice could be finding someone to hop in a custom match with you and going to the map where you can either just scope it out and set some traps and then 1 v 1 the survivor to see what things can be successful or not. It's hard to find people to play with though understandably, but you can always try to find a couple willing people on the DbD discord server.
I'll definitely have to look on the server cause I'm on Xbox and can only find annoying kids that won't let me lol thank you !