Weren't Kill Rates Always Greater than 50%?

I haven't been on the game long, but I heard a lot of people say it was more favourable to survivors before and the updates just made things fairer for killers.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any evidence for that, because I can't see anything and actually found something which looks like the opposite. Look at the link https://progameguides.com/dead-by-daylight/latest-kill-stats-popularity-of-each-killer-in-dead-by-daylight/

It says that the kill rates for almost every killer were above 50%. Doesn't that mean that kill rates were always higher than 50%? So why was the game changed to make kill rates higher?

Comments

  • thats 7 month old stats and judging by the devs reasoning they started shifting downwards

  • @bjorksnas said:

    thats 7 month old stats and judging by the devs reasoning they started shifting downwards

    Thanks for your response. What did the devs say and did they release any stats about it?

  • The last time we got stats it was around the time mmr went live which meant all the data was pre-mmr.

    And there's no doubt that mmr is worse for killers than ranks were.