Monstrous Shrine

The perk is not strong enough to be viable so I thought of some revamp options because it's fun, and I love Basement Perks.

Option 1
You create a Shrine to the Entity in the hopes of being granted a gift
Every time you hook a Survivor in the Basement you are granted 5/10/15% of a random Bonus that lasts until your next hooked Survivor.

A random bonus could be 5/10/15% bonus Movement Speed, Action Speed, Bloodpoints, successful/unsuccessful attack cooldown, etc.

Option 2
Your fascination with the Basement hooks have honed them into deadly tools
Hooking Survivors in the Basement applies the Mangled and Broken status effects, Broken lasts for 30/50/60 seconds

Option 3
You have turned the Basement into a place of power
When you hook a Survivor in the Basement it generates a mist that Hinders Survivors trying to save their friends by
10/12/14% the mist disappears when the Survivor is unhooked.

The mist is meant to considerably slow down the Survivors as they run into the basement to make the save, not when they leave. Monstrous Shrine makes the stages go by faster just a teensy bit atm so I thought what if it just slows down Survivors who are going for the save so it takes longer for them to get down there. I don't know if these percentages are too weak or powerful.

I love Basement perks and I never use this despite how cool it sounds so completely remaking this perk into something useful would be awesome.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I have one.

    You punish altruistic survivors for their bravery.
    After someone is unhooked from the basement, the person who unhooked them will be applied with the hindered status effect for 10/20/30 seconds. "Monstrous Shrine" only activates when you are at least 18 metres away from a hook.

  • @UltimateHit47 said:
    I have one.

    You punish altruistic survivors for their bravery.
    After someone is unhooked from the basement, the person who unhooked them will be applied with the hindered status effect for 10/20/30 seconds. "Monstrous Shrine" only activates when you are at least 18 metres away from a hook.

    Hmm, it sounds cool but to be honest a lot of killers have addons with Hindered effects that would be better, but then again it's unhooker in the basement so that person would be slower when they leave, kind of like my Option 3 but in the reverse, so it could be helpful. I might use that in a Basement build

  • What MS should do is for every survivor you have hooked in the basement, apply something like a 10% penalty to repairs of all other survivors. Then when you get someone down there it forces the others to make the save so they can keep doing gens.

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    What MS should do is for every survivor you have hooked in the basement, apply something like a 10% penalty to repairs of all other survivors. Then when you get someone down there it forces the others to make the save so they can keep doing gens.

    I like the idea because the hook is the main thing for killers and the Gens are the main thing for Survivors so it literally affects the polar opposite and that goes so well with the name. The percentages would have to be tweaked though because it would be weak on it's own but a great addition to Thanatophobia and damn it would be Godlike with Dying Light.
    Maybe it gives a 5% stackable reduction in Generator repairs for every Survivor hooked in the Basement, so if you stack 4 people in the basement throughout the entire match it would give every Survivor a 20% reduction in repair speed. And that can be like Max, so maybe 3/4/5% so it can be powerful on it's own but dangerous paired with other perks. And it's the Basement, unless you really FORCE yourself to hook someone in the Basement which could be in a good place or a bad place, that is the balance, the Basement is not always a viable place to reach. It could hurt them really bad or not at all depending on how many times you hook someone down there.

  • Hey @Peanits you have great constructive criticism, any comments on my options maybe? I love Basement perks and this one needs love lol

  • The first one seems a little too random to be a good perk. 15% movement speed is bonkers. It means you'd be closing the distance twice as fast as normal (normally speed is 115% of a survivor's sprint speed). 15% action speed, on the other hand, it's anything to write home about. It's okay, but not a game changer. 15% more bloodpoints is pretty negligible compared to a perk like BBQ & Chili, which provides a bigger bonus (and applies post game, even). The biggest issue is just that you couldn't rely on it. If you had to drag someone all the way over to the basement (probably going to require agitation to do consistently), you wouldn't want it to just sometimes give you an effect like +15% bloodpoints. That wouldn't be worth your effort.

    I'm not exactly sure how the third option would work. If it just applies the hindered effect to all survivors near the hook, I don't think it would have a noticeable effect. Yes, you would close the gap twice as fast while they are in that mist, but that mist goes away the second they're unhooked. More than anything, I just feel like this would be a camping perk. It wouldn't help you if you left the hook.

    I think the second is the most reasonable option. It would still be pretty powerful and make the basement significantly more dangerous, and it would make it worth running agitation with it. My only concern is that it would sorta' promote tunneling the guy that just got unhooked, since it rules out We'll Make It. I also worry that this would have an effect too similar to Make Your Choice which already exposes the unhooker, giving you an easy down so long as you return to the basement quickly.

  • @Peanits said:
    The first one seems a little too random to be a good perk. 15% movement speed is bonkers. It means you'd be closing the distance twice as fast as normal (normally speed is 115% of a survivor's sprint speed). 15% action speed, on the other hand, it's anything to write home about. It's okay, but not a game changer. 15% more bloodpoints is pretty negligible compared to a perk like BBQ & Chili, which provides a bigger bonus (and applies post game, even). The biggest issue is just that you couldn't rely on it. If you had to drag someone all the way over to the basement (probably going to require agitation to do consistently), you wouldn't want it to just sometimes give you an effect like +15% bloodpoints. That wouldn't be worth your effort.

    I'm not exactly sure how the third option would work. If it just applies the hindered effect to all survivors near the hook, I don't think it would have a noticeable effect. Yes, you would close the gap twice as fast while they are in that mist, but that mist goes away the second they're unhooked. More than anything, I just feel like this would be a camping perk. It wouldn't help you if you left the hook.

    I think the second is the most reasonable option. It would still be pretty powerful and make the basement significantly more dangerous, and it would make it worth running agitation with it. My only concern is that it would sorta' promote tunneling the guy that just got unhooked, since it rules out We'll Make It. I also worry that this would have an effect too similar to Make Your Choice which already exposes the unhooker, giving you an easy down so long as you return to the basement quickly.

    When I came up with the 3rd option I was actually thinking it would slow down the Survivor going for the save so the person on the hook would be there longer because it would take longer for them t get saved. But in order for that to work the Hindered would have to be MASSIVELY strong.

    For Option 2 I totally forgot about MYC, those two together would just wreck Survivors. Shame it might promote camping, I just thought it was cool for a killer to put on Broken because right now only Survivors can put Broken on themselves. Thanks for the critique :) I'll keep thinking and hopefully this perk gets somewhere good because I really want to use it.