Shouldn't calm spirit prevent pain resonance

I have calm spirit on because I hate pain resonance and constantly scream so it should work like this.

Pain resonance activates I'm on a gen the gen blows up I don't scream I DON'T LET GO OF THE GEN and I continue repairing like normal this prevents DMS from activating which is the most common thing paired with pain resonance so explain to me why I still let go of the gen even though I didn't scream.

Comments

  • Didn't they take/keep the scream out of Pain Resonance? It still interrupts you but you no longer scream so the perk itself doesn't offer notification.

  • Pain Res will still explode the gen causing you to be interrupted during the repair and trigger DMS if the killer has it. Calm Spirit doesn't prevent the knock off effect. However, you shouldn't scream but it might be an oversight since pain res causes survivors to scream, but does not create a sound notification.

  • Read perk descriptions.