What perks from the perk buff patch have you not seen
Haven't seen one person use sole survivor lol
Haven't seen one person use sole survivor lol
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I’ve seen a claudette use it but guess how productive she was...
I have, yet, to see players running Lightweight.. It's like I'm the only one using this perk.
Pharmacy and Calm Spirit.
people realized they got backwards buff nerfs and realized they Nerfed low tier perks
Not surprised especially after the massive nerf of calm spirit
Calm spirit
Pharmacy
Sole survivor
Deja vu
Overzealous
I don't think I have seen anyone running dark sense
I've seen every perk used/have used the perk. The only one I haven't seen many other survivors use was Pharmacy. I was running a chest build for a bit which used Pharmacy in the build, so I was using that.
I've honestly seen a good mix of perks from both sides.
For survivor perks they said they buffed I haven't seen any Pharmacy, Calm Spirit, Sole Survivor, Deja Vu, Overzealous, Inner Focus, No One Left Behind, Dark Sense, Hope, We're Gonna Live Forever, or Tenacity (my swf teammate is only one I've seen run it).
I have only seen a couple run Sabo but I think they were just doing sabo challenge since they were randomly saboing hooks. I see less Botany Knowledge than I used to - I see alot of medkits and since it now reduces medkit efficiency less are running it.
For killer perks I haven't seen any Dark Devotion. Coulrophobia I only saw once. The rest I've seen more use from them than I used to.
I’ve only really noticed OTR being used the rest of the survivor “buffs” are garbage, killer buffs however I’ve seen most of them used because they actually got buffed.
Completely destroy old Gen perks, with alot of buff on other Gen perks. And Gen perks are always meta for Killers though.
Survivor's perks buff are really stupid...Just image the old PGTW come with 50% slower kick.
I have used a couple but i switch builds often
Botany knowledge isn't as bad as i thought it would be. The downside isn't as bad as i thought it was.
MoM is awesome now
Brutal strength is another one which i enjoyed a lot this patch despite it not getting direct changes. That base killer buff helped it a lot
No one left behind is also pretty good if you can make it to the end game
Interesting, No One Left Behind and Hope are in my main build. That's a lot of the survivor perks that you haven't seen, which surprises me because I've seen most of them at least 2-3 times. Makes sense though, I have seen many survivors run Lithe/SB/Adrenaline and the other stronger survivor perks.
I've actually seen most of them tbh. What i haven't seen tho is pharmacy f.e.
I've seen a couple Lightweight users running it with Overcome and other exhaustions. Besides that, I haven't seen a sole survivor running sole survivor.....Pun intended.
I honestly thought I'd see more players use Off the Record or Borrowed Time, but it seems nobody is. I still see people using DH (and failing miserably). Honestly, people I play with still use the same builds as before with a few adjustments like using Prove Thyself and Head On (more often now in combo with DH and flashlights/flashbangs........). Did they get the memo? I don't see any killers falling for those tricks anymore and I'm definitely using Off The Record on every single survivor buiid.
I tried it for a few matches and quickly realized that most of the time it was just revealing the killer’s aura when I already knew exactly where they were. It’s not good imo
Most of the perk buffs BHVR ships and has shipped through the years have unfortunately been woefully lackluster, any of those perks seeing even just semi-frequent use are the exception. I'm still glad they sometimes touch perks since some of them do end up getting at least viable enough to seriously consider using them at all, but yeah, the vast majority of those adjustments couldn't be further from changing anything about the meta, or even the game at large.
Sole Survivor specifically is a non-starter, because perks that only have any real use if the overall match is already lost are not something anyone should want to equip. You always want to rather equip perks that at least increase your chances not to end up in that losing position in the first place. Plus it's also not like blocking aura reading is very valuable whatsoever, there aren't even aura perks most good killers use, and only few aura add-ons. Sole Survivor could literally block all aura reading on the respective survivor from the very start of the trial and it would still be far from a meta perk because that effect is just not very impactful, and this is also always a good measure for just how bad so many perks in this game are: you could literally double, triple, quadruple their effects, strip away all restrictions and conditions, and they might still not be meta-viable.
...That said, in solo queue you can expect your "team" to get demolished pretty frequently anyway, so if you care about yourself escaping more than about trying everything to actually finish gens, Sole Survivor after its "buff" can be paired with Wake Up! and Spine Chill for a pretty reliable way to get a gate escape if the killer closes the hatch. That's 11.5 seconds to open a gate (and a bit less if Spine Chill is also active), and you can also open the gate to 25% before the first light turns on, wait until the killer leaves, and then open the rest, meaning you only need another 8.5s to fully open it.
But yeah, that's basically a non-build if you care about actually playing matches rather than cheesing out sole escapes.
Let's go through the perks changed in that patch and look at some simple ways in which they could be buffed to play more of a role in the game:
Sole Survivor - Instead of only activating as the last survivor alive, its effects should scale with the following: you are healthy and everyone else is injured, dying, hooked or dead; you are injured and everyone else is dying, hooked or dead; you are dying and everyone else is hooked or dead. Laurie was not literally the sole survivor in Halloween, she was fighting for not only her own survival but also that of the two children with her. So it's not like it wouldn't be thematically appropriate for the perk to do something for the team either. And it should do way more than block the user's aura, but also increase gen repair, gate opening, healing and unhooking speeds, even vaulting and movement speeds, with all of these effects increasing depending on the situation (dead teammates granting the most %, then hooked, dying, injured). Or even enabling its user to recover from the dying state in those situations. Basically, make it a clutch perk that allows the user to turn precarious situations around for their team.
BBQ - At the very least, they should add the token system back to it, and make it so that the aura reading duration increases by 2 seconds for every token on it.
Corrupt Intervention honestly didn't need the nerf, but the caveat for the nerfed meta perks here is that BHVR's goal specifically was to make them mediocre enough such that people wouldn't want to use them regularly anymore. Well, Corrupt luckily at least is still good enough.
Coulrophobia - The problem with this perk is that survivors can most of the time effortlessly heal outside of the killer's terror radius. Make its effect apply outside of that radius instead, across the entire map, however increase healing speed by 100% within the terror radius. This would make it a serious slowdown perk against healing, while at the same time not being oppressive since survivors can try to seek out the killer and heal quickly in their vicinity - which in turn is something the killer can capitalize upon of course. The perk would be strong but interesting and promote interaction.
Dark Devotion - This perk's effect is honestly a lost cause, it's just too gimmicky. But if we are to keep it alive in that spirit, at the very least make it so that your terror radius is transferred to the Obsession for as long as they remain injured. Alternatively, remove the Obsession condition, i. e. make it so that Dark Devotion activates whenever you injure any survivor (unless another survivor already has the effect on them at that time). You could honestly even do both and the perk would still not be super strong or anything, just actually at all reliable in what it does.
Ruin - Didn't need the self-deactivation thing. Regression amount could also be 1/3rd of a charge a second.
Jolt - Should be within terror radius, and also apply a 10% regression, same as a missed skill check. Explosion forces survivors off the gen.
Knock Out - Remove the basic attack condition. The downed survivor should suffer all of the effects for as long as they are down (although perhaps not the FOV reduction and deafening).
Monstrous Shrine - The basement hooks should additionally add a 50% increase to any Scourge Hook perk effects. So if hooked on a basement hook, Pain Res would regress gens by 22.5%, Gift Of Pain would cause a 24% action speed debuff, Floods Of Rage would last for 10.5 seconds, and Shrine itself would accelerate hook progression by 30%.
Overcharge - This was overnerfed out of PTB. The regression should start at 100%, then still climbing to and remaining at 200%. I also feel like the skill check difficulty on it should be increased. Experienced survivors will hit them like 90+% of the time, I know I do. Maybe increase the skill check pointer speed.
Pop Goes The Weasel - Another meta perk they outright wanted to not see frequently anymore, but in this form it's just too bad. Make it a flat 20% (18 seconds) reduction, but make it so that it only remains active if the killer does not hit any survivor after hooking, such that they have to kick a gen before they do much of anything else if they want that Pop value.
Gift Of Pain - IMO the debuff should apply until the survivor is healed because otherwise survivors can choose to remain injured and basically dodge both of the perk's effects, but that's just my take, it's not a bad perk either way.
Thanatophobia - Keep it like it is, but make it so it also applies to vaulting action speeds.
Tinkerer - Honestly this nerf was just not needed at all. Not only was it only ever really used alongside Ruin which has gotten nerfed hard anyway, but it was the only Undetectable perk with any relevance in the meta. Just revert this nerf.
Botany Knowledge - It's worse than before... Make it a 100% increase in healing speed, but only on self-healing actions.
Calm Spirit - Hard to salvage the idea of this perk into anything remotely impactful, but one thing that would be neat is if it were to suppress the survivor noises (not entity explosion) of any interaction, so including entering and exiting a locker, vaults, unhooking, and so on. Also remove the speed reduction on the interactions, that's just silly.
Dark Sense - Make it so that you get to see the killer's aura whenever they are within 24m of you and you are on a generator. After letting go of the gen, the aura lingers for 10 seconds. Whenever a gen is finished, you still get the 10 seconds of aura read on the killer wherever they are.
Decisive Strike - Either increase the stun duration to 5 seconds again, or make it so the perk activates up to two times, so after every unhook, even if you had used it the first time already.
Déjà Vu - Make it a 10% increase.
Distortion - It should have much more impactful effects than the scratchmark suppression, such as a 10% action and movement speed increase, also applying to vaults.
Inner Focus - The killer aura should be revealed to you until the injured survivor loses chase state.
Iron Will - 100% suppression of cries of pain if you are crouching or standing still, 85% if you are crouching around or walking, 70% if you are running. Exhaustion doesn't affect it.
No One Left Behind - Should increase healing and unhooking speeds by 100%, allow yourself to recover from the dying state, also grant the Haste effect for any survivor you heal a health state of, and reveal your aura to all other survivors. It's an endgame-only perk, make it actually be able to come in clutch.
Overzealous - Either: Make its effect stack (so if you cleanse two totems, you get a 16% repair speed increase until injured, three totems for 24%, and so on, and more if there's Hex totems among them of course); Or: Make its effect apply to all actions speeds, including vaulting speeds.
Pharmacy - Should increase med-kit charge efficiency by 90%. Meaning that if you hit a couple of greats, you can get 2 heals out of the Emergency Med-Kit with it.
Saboteur - Reduce the time to sabo to 2 seconds. Also make it so that the perk only goes on cooldown if you actually complete the sabotage action.
Self-Care - I'm okay with the nerf, due to it other means of healing gain popularity. That said, it should increase the base bonus progression value for great skill checks while healing yourself. Would be a neat combo with Hyperfocus.
Spine Chill - Action speed buff should apply whenever the perk is active.
Tenacity - Might as well make that 100% suppression. Also increase the crawling speed by 100%.
These are just some quick and dirty ideas for the perks they touched in that patch, but they'd already make them much more interesting.