All Platforms - Unrelenting Perk Does Not Affect Cooldown When a Basic Attack Hits the Environment
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to a Killer Loadout & equip the Perk: Unrelenting
- Load into a match (public or private)
- Go directly up to any object in the environment & hit it with a Basic Attack
- This results in a 1.5 second cooldown, which is the default cooldown duration.
- Additionally, performing a Basic Attack & not hitting anything will result in a reduced cooldown of ~1.05 seconds, which is the expected result of using this Perk.
Additional information:
- Bug Frequency is 100%, replicable every time.
- The same exact bug is also present on The Demogorgon’s missed Shred Attack cooldown after hitting the environment when using the Add-On “Mew’s Guts”.
- The same exact bug is also present on The Pig’s missed Ambush Attack cooldown after hitting the environment when using the Add-Ons “Workshop Grease” and/or “Shattered Syringe”.
- The same exact bug is also present when using the Perk "Mad Grit" and hitting the environment while carrying a Survivor.
Tagged:
Active
Comments
Ive never seen anyone use Unrelenting, so I quite literally never knew thing was a thing. I think if you still hit an object, the game treats it like a hit since you hit the object.
I believe what happens is that there are actually 3 types of "Basic Attack Results" -
In regards to Demogorgon's Shred & Pig's Dash, they both have the same 3 results, just different cooldowns. 3.0 seconds for both a successful Shred/Dash, a 2.25 seconds cooldown for a missed or obstructed Shred, and a 3.0 second cooldown for a missed or obstructed Dash.
The most likely issue, I'm assuming, is that for each the Unrelenting Perk, Mew's Guts Add-on, Workshop Grease Add-On, and Shattered Syringe Add-On, they all only apply some sort of modifier onto the "missed hit" result, and don't apply anything onto the "obstructed hit" result.
right i remembered this happening a few months ago and forgot to report this. good catch!
As far as I can remember, this has been a bug for years. Long enough that I don't remember when this bug was introduced, really. Just never got around to making a report until now.
The way this is built is strangely impressive. Kudos to you!
I assumed this was intentional. It's the same deal on Mad grit
Not saying I agree, its soo dumb. It's still a missed attack.
yeah this has been there for a while I just thought about it a few months back. Can you addendum onto the bug report to include mad grit?
It's also affected by this
ah, yeah, that one actually did slip my mind.