Keep an eye on the killer.
I've been reviewing matches where I went against streamers. It's very informative.
Most of them use perks, pallets, fakes, "techs", ... but there are two mistakes most of them do:
- They run and make noise, seemingly oblivious most killers use sound to track survivors. If the killer is close enough, don't run.
- They don't keep an eye on the killer when it's such an obvious tell of his possible intent, and if they do, they don't seem to react to it.
If you do one of these, I'd suggest to work on them if you want to improve.
I've seen several other mistakes of course but they are either killer-specific*, or because of the difference of experience.
*) e.g. don't body-block an insta-down, duh.
Comments
I for one know I don't watch the killer enough during chases, but that's because when I do, I run into every wall and any object with collision that's in my path :')
Monkey brain can't pay attention to two things at once !
(Seriously, I'm working on it)
You see, I have muscle memory around some loops, but now they added lockers... so I've been getting stuck at certain loops because i don't realize im running into a locker... XD
the trick is to angle your camera so you can see a little bit ahead of you and also see the killer behind you.