So you brought back the Pain Resonance scream, Why?

I understand you did this because you didn't wanna bother recoding merciless storm so you bandaid fixed the interaction between PR+MS (which was rare enough and completely out of the hands of the killer to make happen btw.) You decided to bring back the PR+DMS interaction, and nerfed DMS just because you didn't want people to complain about it I guess? Never mind you're only making DMS need PR to be effective, you also added the scream instead of using some other "let go of the gen" interaction (ie Deadlock or Tremors or heck just a standard gen explosion reaction). You claim you didn't give the killer any info to PR but you did...because people have headphones. Seriously I can hear people screaming across the map from PR hooks, how is this not information? I don't understand this decision at all.

Comments

  • They scream? from the patch notes it only interrupts the gen but makes no scream notification or sounds

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    They scream? from the patch notes it only interrupts the gen but makes no scream notification or sounds

    I'm clearly hearing the scream on pc, in both killer and survivor games.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Xord said:

    What is supposed to happen according to the patch notes is that they scream but the killer doesn't get any information from it.

    I mean, honestly, it should give a notification. What was too strong with PR wasn't the scream. It was the fact that if you got out of the gen, you didn't scream, BUT the killer still had the info that this gen was the most advanced.

    Getting out of the gen should be valid counterplay, but staying on the gen should be punished.

    i mean its not like it needs it, because anyone wearing a pair of headphones can hear it happen and where it came from. I just thought this wasn't the intention based on the way they wrote the patch notes.