I'm really not a fan of the half revert to Pain Res

Having to play around the perk every single match is exhausting. Then even if I play around the perk, there's no guarantee my teammates do and they just give free information to the killer.

Comments

  • Yeah, I'm annoyed. For whatever reason, they thought it was a good idea to give back PR/DMS, which I was quite happy to see die.

    I'm pretty sure it only gives information if the killer is running DMS or Surveillance, though - and Surveillance still gave information before they re-added the interruption? Could be wrong about this, haven't played the patch, but that was how I read it.

  • the only thing good about this update was pain res and dms combo dying and now that they have brought it back.... I see dms and pain res pretty much every single game now. They wanted to change the meta but the meta is exactly the same for the killer.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Yeah, I'm annoyed. For whatever reason, they thought it was a good idea to give back PR/DMS, which I was quite happy to see die.

    I'm pretty sure it only gives information if the killer is running DMS or Surveillance, though - and Surveillance still gave information before they re-added the interruption? Could be wrong about this, haven't played the patch, but that was how I read it.

    the survivor scream from pain res is a global sound, so if the killer has clues about where each survivor is they can still find out which gen has the most progress. It's less consistent than the surveillance combo, but still very reliable if you're good at tracking survivor locations.

    Also, I agree with your take on PR/DMS. I'd take on 100 merciless storm skill checks any time of the day than having this combo back

  • At most the killer should get one use out of the combo, because the scream is global everyone can hear it. I actually just won a game because a nemesis was relying on the scream for his 3 gen. I was able to finish the last gen because he checked it last, not realizing that I had been standing up every time he had hooked.