Still feeling betrayed by the update
Honestly, I like the gameplay updates and the progression of the update system, but I'm still feeling angry and betrayed by the lack of information Behaviour gave regarding how existing prestige levels would be affected.
I had every single character at level 50 and would have happily prestiged them, probably all the way up to p3 during the anniversary event, but I thought the only change would be the p3 characters getting the something special.
The news updates claimed that Behaviour wanted to reduce the experience of grinding and the focus on bloodpoints, but I've been doing nothing but the grind and constantly running dry on bloodpoints since the update happened. Now I look at my character selection and feel so much regret and frustration.
I still love the game and I like the changes made and this may sound silly to you, but I feel really let down by the lack of transparency on what to expect. I would have made very different choices which now I can never go back and change.
It felt like a gamble to choose whether to prestige my characters or just load up on items and perks, meanwhile I didn't need to worry about my perks at all. None of the items I saved justify the grind that I've been in and what I have ahead of me.
And the Iridescent character portraits aren't a big deal, but knowing that had I been aware of the fact that my p1 characters would have been upgraded to p3 and my p3 characters to p9, I'd have absolutely made the choice to try and level up as many characters as I could have... well I feel like an idiot, quite frankly.
Comments
I didn't know either you would unlock all perks on other character if you prestigated them before update. That felt disapointing as I would happily prestigated more my characters as I had everyone on level 50. Most my killers were above P1 but still would liked to prestigate more of them. Biggest hurt is how many survivors I didn't but at least I only play couple character most of the time so it is not as bad.