perk discussion for all mmr levels

I posted on one of the discussions about how my legion build doesn't use thana, and how certain perks are better/worse depending on the mmr you're in at any given time.

I have 3ked or 4ked in maybe, idk. 90 or so out of my last 100 games. I've been home sick with covid and playing....an unhealthy amount to be honest.

I just had a bubba match where the survivor just by running pallet to pallet- i out played and got a hit at pallet 1 and 3- made a chase last 120 seconds. In that time 3 gens popped. I'm iri one and exhausted of playing so i hooked her and just kinda gave up. Theres a good chance I still could have won, but i would have had to sweat my butt off and just don't really care because the previous three matches were 3k, 4k, and 4k. Just letting this one go.

Had one ghost face game last night where one gen popped at 41 seconds (i still think that was a hacker but maybe not. but there were no gen perks, and only one grey tool box with no brand new part) then two more at 155 seconds.

Now I am NOT complaining about that last match. Bubba is a mid tier killer at best with no map pressure. His anti loop is simply shredding pallets and smart survivors can out play it. Theres a reason killers like nurse/blight/spirit/dredge are much higher tier than killers like trapper/michael/ghostface. Map pressure is the #1 win condition for a good killer.

Frankly good survivors will each go to a different gen and crank it out immediately. As long as the first survivor can extend the chase at least 70 seconds that's it. That is three gens gone by the time the killer picks up and hooks and patrols gens in the following 20 seconds. So much of my huge win rate is because of survivors simply not doing gens. Regardless of regression or not I just see so many doing totems/chests/hiding.

Lately in about 1/3rd of my games one survivor chases me while I'm chasing my target then half attempts a body block and just gives me pressure while not doing a gen.


I don't think the majority of complaints on here make sense at every skill level. The way killers and survivors play varies so much across the board. Lets take thana. It was a little OP I admit. But one good looper wasting the killers time negates any value it had. Thats why at my mmr I wasn't even running it on legion, I was an running anti pallet build. End chase early and hook = go partrol gens and hook someone else. Instead of simply injuring people and then they can STILL do the gen as long as someone was looping well.


The survivors at higher mmr I don't think really cared too much about Thana, and I'd really like some feed back from them as well as some higher mmr killer mains on how they feel about what I'm saying. 100% I feel like a good looper who can stall the killer really just counters any and all regression perks the killer has at the end of the day. I think we are seeing a lot of complaints from the current patch (not just thana but all these complaints in general) being from players who still don't understand that this is a time management game and that looping is the single most important skill for a good survivor to have, more so than the perks either side is running.

Comments

  • Not the mmr you'd like an imput from, but Thana was not really that effective in lower mmr either, I feel.

    Beginner players are allergic to being injured and often group up to heal or bring self-care and botany, even when it might be wise to stay injured and do gens.

    I never used Thana on my Legion, since I feel like I always got better Nurse's Calling value.

  • So this current game im just going afk to avoid a dc penalty. playing as bubba (mid tier killer

    four man swf, flashlights, two hovering for save. literally cannot get the pickup. chase one and injure them IMMEDIATELY and other gets the first pick up. pallet loop. three gens pop no hook. Zero way to win without camping the first person I manage to get and hope they go for altruism

    the skill level it takes to beat high mmr swfs in this game thats people like otz has means playing several hundred hours for a marginal increase in skill level, period. I win the vast majority of my matches but at the end of the day once you start winning enough as killer you only play very sweaty swfs who don't misplay often and your killer absolutley determines if you win. I've played a MUCH better team than this as blight/dredge/spirit and won. Barely but I have routinely done it. But michael and bubba and trapper etc? You're not going to win against high mmr swfs until you reach a god tier skill level that normal gamers just aren't going to get.

    So when we discuss this game balancing- such as thana for example- I don't think most players are looking at every skill level.

    I'm not angry I cant beat this team- or the last one. I can't even remember the last time I had two teams in a row beat me. Like....maybe several months since this happened. But regardless even when pre nerfed thana this was a lost game from the start. Even with me downing my chases in under 20 seconds it was irrelevant. And hey the survivors played to get this good, they deserve to win. Just like it took me a long time to get to where I almost always win as killer

    But the fact is the balance is lacking across the board. Had I been playing legion/blight/dredge this team would not have won. maybe a 2 escape tie or maybe I would have won. But bubba wasn't doing anything here without camping and I'm just tired and bored and not doing that so I just gave up. I know the math on this game pretty well and three gens done before first hook I don't care to play. And with the swf having one person on gens and the other three using going down in pallet/flashlight/body blocks to stop me from getting a hook- despite me getting my down in around 20 seconds, it's just not winnable or even fun. Trading off back and forth to stop me from getting the pick up, each chase ended almost immediately and still resulted in zero hooks in three gens.

    And this wasn't even a bully squad. No teabagging or flashlight clicking, they just played well and are above my own mmr. But this is like four games in a row and it's making me not want to play anymore.

    so yeah low mmr players can complain about gen regression and thana and camping and whatever else, but I need some tips from killers up in the higher ranks on how to deal with this. I am just now getting to the sweat fest part of killer and it's starting to feel like I'm a new player again. Still winning with my higher tier killers, but the moment I decide to learn someone new (tried cenobite and ghostface) its just a joke. This is why survivors complain they only ever see the same killers over and over. Once you hit good survivors/swfs 90% of the killers in this game are useless. Unless you have otz level skill it's impossible without the best killers/add ons.

  • The balance outlook isn't that bleak. If a player is a really skilled killer at higher/softcap MMR, they'll do fine and win with the vast majority of the roster. It would be a terrible game if a relatively inexperienced killer could consistently compete with a 20k hr 4 stack. The expected result is a one sided survivor stomp. There's nothing wrong with that. The match shouldn't happen in the first place.

    For general tips against better survivors: Pay attention to where your first chase is going. You need to have a general area of the map you want to keep the second you load in and don't let that go in the first chase. Smart survivors are going to lead the first chase away from problem gens.

    If you're smart about your first chase, it's not the end of the world if 3 gens go. It shouldn't happen, but it does happen sometimes. There are a lot of semi-safe pallets where it's possible to squeeze out an M1 if you play them just right. And you're going to have to get consistent at it or the game will be a pallet breaking simulator.

    Remember who has been hooked and how many times. Don't chase the person who hasn't been hooked yet with 1 gen left when you have 1 or 2 others on death hook. You just need to 4k. It doesn't matter when it happens or what order

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The balance outlook isn't that bleak. If a player is a really skilled killer at higher/softcap MMR, they'll do fine and win with the vast majority of the roster. It would be a terrible game if a relatively inexperienced killer could consistently compete with a 20k hr 4 stack. The expected result is a one sided survivor stomp. There's nothing wrong with that. The match shouldn't happen in the first place.

    For general tips against better survivors: Pay attention to where your first chase is going. You need to have a general area of the map you want to keep the second you load in and don't let that go in the first chase. Smart survivors are going to lead the first chase away from problem gens.

    If you're smart about your first chase, it's not the end of the world if 3 gens go. It shouldn't happen, but it does happen sometimes. There are a lot of semi-safe pallets where it's possible to squeeze out an M1 if you play them just right. And you're going to have to get consistent at it or the game will be a pallet breaking simulator.

    Remember who has been hooked and how many times. Don't chase the person who hasn't been hooked yet with 1 gen left when you have 1 or 2 others on death hook. You just need to 4k. It doesn't matter when it happens or what order

    Yeah pretty much all of what you said I'm aware of. I don't chase anyone if I see them going straight to shack, I know which pallets I need to ignore/force vs which ones I can moonwalk and outplay to get a cheeky hit in. Idk. Hell idk if I even earned my current rank of if I'm boosted from all the survivors rage quitting recently tbh. Pretty easy to get the 3k when someone dcs at the start of the match >_>

  • @Wewantjason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111146#Comment_3111146

    Yeah pretty much all of what you said I'm aware of. I don't chase anyone if I see them going straight to shack, I know which pallets I need to ignore/force vs which ones I can moonwalk and outplay to get a cheeky hit in. Idk. Hell idk if I even earned my current rank of if I'm boosted from all the survivors rage quitting recently tbh. Pretty easy to get the 3k when someone dcs at the start of the match >_>

    The other thing to keep in mind is that there's about a 30 second queue time difference between at 1850 MMR survivor and a 1600 MMR survivor. And although it's super rare, there's a wild skill difference between a top 1% 4 stack and 1600 MMR solos. But you can match up against that entire skill range at higher MMR. It would be like Overwatch throwing Plat through GM into the same matchmaking pool.

    It doesn't mean you're suddenly bad or anything. The matchmaking just gets compressed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111153#Comment_3111153

    The other thing to keep in mind is that there's about a 30 second queue time difference between at 1850 MMR survivor and a 1600 MMR survivor. And although it's super rare, there's a wild skill difference between a top 1% 4 stack and 1600 MMR solos. But you can match up against that entire skill range at higher MMR. It would be like Overwatch throwing Plat through GM into the same matchmaking pool.

    Thats def how it feels now. majority of my games are a 2-3 man swf that breaks my ankles with 1-2 people who have no clue what they are playing, like they loaded into minecraft or something.

  • @Wewantjason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3111169#Comment_3111169

    Thats def how it feels now. majority of my games are a 2-3 man swf that breaks my ankles with 1-2 people who have no clue what they are playing, like they loaded into minecraft or something.

    That's exactly it. It's noticeable on the killer end and *definitely* noticeable as a solo survivor.