The 6.1.2 update is overall bad
First off I’d like to say thank you for addressing addon rarity after prestige. That was something I was concerned about for certain killers.
But these perk changes don’t make any sense at all.
Mettle of Man went from a very niche but usable perk to one that’s even more difficult to get value from. It already took a lot of effort to get, and even with only 2 protection hits, it doesn’t feel right for it to be lost so easily. If the issue was Endurance inconsistency, then just clearly state in its description that it isn’t Endurance and that it works differently. (Not to mention the perk is bugged anyway, but that’s another topic.)
Thanatophobia went from being good on plague and legion and being ok but not great on most other killers, to being ok but not great on legion and plague and nearly worthless on everyone else, which is ironic because legion and plague were the only killers it was actually a problem on. A better solution to this would have been to keep the numbers for the first couple of stacks similar to before, but lower the penalties for 3-4 stacks, thus reducing the maximum penalty, and keeping the effects similar across all killers. For example, 5.5/10/13/15%. This will lower the time to do 1 gen solo with max thana by about 9.5 seconds (to about 106 instead of 115).
As for Dead Man's Switch, I'm actually fine with it being nerfed simply because of how stupid it is on Artist, but I don't agree with the reasoning for it, nor do I agree with bringing back the PR/DMS combo, despite it being easy to counter for experienced players by letting go of the generator. If I have to assume as a survivor that every killer has a certain combination of two specific perks, then that combo is probably an issue. The PR/Merciless Storm interaction was really not a problem at all, and if you miss those extra skillchecks because PR regressed the gen then that's on you. It's not a good perk, nor are the skillchecks difficult.
Comments